Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-19200CL9Q-16GBZMD UEFI Settings

Hello,

I would like to ask for some assistance in entering the proper timings, voltages and overall UEFI settings for F3-19200CL9Q-16GBZMD for the EVGA X79 Classified motherboard.

I know that they are listed as 9-11-11-31-2N @ 1.65v, but there is quite an extensive list of settings when configuring them manually, and I lack the specifications for that. I am trying to achieve 2400MHz which the latest 035 UEFI just got support for, but so far I have been unable to achieve that. The XMP profiles does not provide me with that speed, the first profile gives me 2133MHz and the second one prevents my system from booting properly. I usually prefer the manual approach anyway.

Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by Aonoa; 03-31-2012, 01:47 PM.

With the latest BIOS, as you have, should just be able to install in the proper slots, go to BIOS, enable XMP, select profile 1. See how that boots, if any problems may have to manually adjust the VCCSA voltage...not many of the mobos out there have the BIOS fully ready for 2400 sticks so may have to go manually. Try the XMP route and let me know what happens then we can adjust from there. I'll be in and out the next few hours

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank you for your fast reply.

As I said in my first post, though, I have already tried XMP profile 1, and it gives me 2133MHz. Profile 2 does not boot, and forces me to reset to default UEFI/BIOS settings. I believe I need to set things manually to get the 2400MHz. I'll double check to be sure, but I have tried it a few times already.

EDIT: Yes, my UEFI reports it as 2133MHz while having selected XMP profile 1. I'll add that my previous attempts at manually setting 2400MHz has led to an unbootable system, forcing me to reset the UEFI settings back to factory defaults to proceed again.
      Last edited by Aonoa; 03-31-2012, 02:44 PM. Reason: Added new information

Comment

All right set the base timings 9-11-11-31, DRAM voltage 1.65, CR to 2T, set the CPU multiplier to 46, VCCSA voltage initially to 1.20, and VCCIO to 1.15 and give that a try, if it boots OK we can experiment with dropping the VCCSA and/or VCCIO to lowest possible while keeping stable

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

The system did not boot, unfortunately. I tried twice, with the second attempt disabling CPU power saving features and forcing the CPU to 4.6 GHz.

Comment

Try it with 2 sticks if those boot, try with the other 2. If either set has a problem, then try with the individual sticks (only one installed)

Tman

Comment

This is very odd, first I finally got one chip working and then two as a pair working at 2400MHz and I was thinking something might be wrong with the two other chips. Then I inserted one of the final pair in, to make sure, and at that point it did not boot. I removed the newly inserted third chip, going back to the two working ones and they would not boot at 2400MHz anymore. Now it seems like no matter what I do, none of them will start on 2400MHz.

Comment

If you can get one to boot, try setting the DRAM speed to 2133 or 1866, and then add sticks from there, you may have a bad stick, but have a feeling it's the mobo/BIOS combo...leaning towards the BIOS, they have done very little testing on DRAM other than 2x2 sets at high frequencies....in fact nothing at 2400, or 2133, little with 1866:

http://www.evga.com/support/motherboard/

If we can get them to boot up at a lower freq, then can prob work them up....have no idea how high with EVGA, but know other manufacturers can handle the 2400

Tman

Comment

I can boot up using all four chips with either 1600MHz or 2133MHz. I can run some memory tests from the OS to check for errors that way as well. It can be the UEFI that is the culprit, and I have already made them aware of my issues with trying 2400MHz with these chips.

Comment

Let us know their response, they only have this rated to 2133, while basically all other X79s are rated to 2400, seems unusual as most will run DRAM even faster, wonder if they ran into a production problem with this and their SLI mobo, both are rated 2133. Anyway can try raising the DRAM freq, but if BIOS dosen't support it, will need to check your 2133 settings and maybe start with those, then geadually add voltage to VCCSA and VCCIO, may also need additional DRAM and vCore voltage....the chipset can handle faster. Sorry can't be more specific, but I seldom work with EVGA mobos

Tman

Comment

Working...
                    X