Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ivy 3770k +Z77 mobo DDR3 help needed

Hello everyone!

I am planning on moving to Ivy Bridge 3770K+ a Z77 mobo soon,and for that i would need a good DDR3 memory,i was thinking at least 2133 branded(17000)
    The mobo will be either ASRock Fatal1ty Z77 Professional,or Asus Asus Maximus V Formula-my local reseller said they will arrive shorty,maybe 10-15 days max ,from now

So,i put an eye on G.Skill RipJawsZ F3-17000CL9Q-16GBZH 2133,CL9,but i am a bit conserned about the fact its designed for x79 systems
    Should i be worry?
    Should i look for something else?Like RIpjaws X or those low profile Ares modules?
    Should i wait for a Z77 marked memory from G SKill?-the problem is i already have the CPU,and the mobo will arrive soon,but i dont have any suitable memory,only a 6x2gb G-Skill 1600 CL,which i currently use on my X58 build,but i am afraid it will be incompatible for the new one

Currently,i am a I950 x58 user,and i dont have a suitable ram for my next setup,so i need rapid help,if possible pls

The Z's will work, as will the ARES, Ripjaws X and Snipers

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Update!
      So,i got ASRock Fatal1ty Z77 Professional+ that 2133 kit mentiuoned above,and paired with the Ivy it works as "is" at 2133 cl 9 10 9 27,the memory modules stay relatively cool even with Prime 95 Blend testing,havent yet try to OC them,i got some wierd issues with the Ivy temperatures,@ at 4.8 sensors say 80 degrees but the water in my CPU dedicated loop is cold(compare with my old 930@ 4.2) 30(Ivy)vs 36(930) degrees

Maybe a BIOS problem

Comment

Glad you like them, systems can run hot the first few days till everything gets settled in, in particular the thermal compound should have a few days to cure, before it's fully effective

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

10x for the support m8,yeah,those 2133 modules are great btw!trying to stable them at 2400-10-11-11-28 atm,1 hour Prime95 blend with no issues

Well,i think its a BIOS problem,those early bioses you know,the water is cool,the CPU block too,the rear CPU sensor shows normal temperatures,but who knows...the Ivy core is a bit tiny one,generating lotsa heat,plus its an ES sample left from my work, those upcomming retail ivys could be different

Comment

I know on the 25,26, 2700Ks the temps have run a little high till the Thermal Compound cured some and then generally I had them mid/low 30's

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X