Undervolt F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Undervolt F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM??

I have 2 of these sets to make 4x4gb = 16GB on my NAS. Probably the wrong memory to buy yes I know because in a NAS I don't need 8-8-8, and nor do I want high power. I was wondering if I can relax these timings to say 9-9-9 or even 10-10-10 and drop the voltage? Anyone have any experience?

What do the GSkill guys think? I'd like to shave off some wattage of my NAS.

If you keep them at 1600, think might be able to drop to 9-9-9-24 2T 1.46-1.47 or so. Also could prob try 1333 1 or 2T at 1.45 8-8-8-24 or 9-9-9-24, Can experiment, but want it stable

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

interesting... not much of a drop....

i guess the low voltage RAM might be worth it lol... but then how many watts can I save from RAM anyway?

Comment

You can try lower, was trying to point out possible realistic starting points, as to actual power savings, depends on useage (what and how much), to be honest, I've never given it a lot of thought

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Not much, they only use ~7W under full load, so not even worth thinking about "saving"

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Originally posted by dmo580 View Post
          interesting... not much of a drop....

i guess the low voltage RAM might be worth it lol... but then how many watts can I save from RAM anyway?

Comment

Working...
          X