No announcement yet.

M4A89GTD Pro/USB3 F3-10666CL7D-8GBXH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you test one module at a time? Make sure the memory is firmly inserted.

Is the system stable @ DDR3-1333?

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Came home from work tonight and booted the computer into bios to check how much memory the system was showing.
      Bios said 12271 gigs.
      Saved and exited the bios. On reboot, went back into bios and the memory was now 8175 gigs.
      Have taken snapshots from Windows on CPUZ settings and pictures of bios settings to see if you can make sense of them.
      Motherboard is about 1 month old. Brand new board from Asus for replacement under warranty. (Not refurbished or repaired.)
      Not over clocking either.
      Cannot upload to you, snapshots of CPUZ screens or snapshots of the bios settings as now, the posting rules says that I may not post attachments.
      Have sent Matt Wang F.A.E G.SKILL international, the attachments.

Thanks
      Terry Shekalo

Comment

With getting changes to the amount of DRAM showing up in the BIOS, might want to first pull and reinsert all the sticks firmly, if no joy there, hate to say it, but may want to pull the CPU and make sure no thermal compound on the bottom or in the socket, and also take a close look for bent/broken pins, that can screw up what and how much DRAM the CPU/MC sees.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

How do I upload files as I was able to, a week ago but not now?
          Also, what puzzles me is how does Windows see all of the ram but not the bios, even though Windows says 8 gigs is unusable
          Thx
          Terry Shekalo
          Last edited by cossak2007; 04-11-2012, 11:01 PM.

Comment

Use a third party hosting website, then post the link here.

BIOS will not show memory if it is not usable.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Am getting another board, under waranty, replaced by Asus.
              Will advise on arrival, how it works.
              Thanks
              Terry Shekalo

Comment

We'll be waiting to hear, any idea how long they expect it to take?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

They are supposed to email me the RMA address tomorrow. (Friday)
                  My fifth RMA with this board. lol

Comment

Do they give extra frequent flyer miles per board? Sorry bout that had a similar experience last year with a mobo, lost money on that build.

Tman

Comment

Hi Tman
                      Received my replacement MB and everything is purring like a kitten.
                      Thanks for your help.
                      Terry Shekalo

Comment

Thanks for the update, have been wondering about it, glad to hear all is good to go, Enjoy and keep in touch.

Tman

Comment

Working...
                        X