New GSkill F3-10666CL9D-8GBSQ working well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New GSkill F3-10666CL9D-8GBSQ working well

I was sort of hoping the ram would run at 1333 Mhz in my laptop, but at the same time figured it would not due to the CPU limitation or is it the Chipset limitation? The CPU is an Intel i5 M560. Nice CPU although it will only run memory at 800/1066. The memory is running at 1066 7-7-7-20-86-1T, at least this is what CPU-Z tells me it is running at. The Bios has no settings for the memory and so I have no control over what the memory runs at. Is there anything I can do or need to do to get more performance out of this under-clocked memory?

That's right about the native 1333 performance since the CL is 7 and the CR is down at 1T, could check if they have a BIOS update that will support 133, might get a hair more bandwidth. Native 1333 would be at CL9 and 2T

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Really CL9 and 2T at 1333? Seems like not much more bandwidth would be had out of those settings. There was a bios update and I did install it, do not think it made a difference though. Guess there is not much more I can do to get more performance out of it. I do have 8 GB of memory over the 6 GB I had before. When I benchmark it with Sandra it did have a bit more bandwidth, the thing is my desktop is using over 80% of the bandwidth available to it and my laptop is only using about 50%. What is up with that? Both are i5s, different chipsets though.

Comment

The tighter the CL means the smaller the number, so 7 is much better than 9. With Command Rate (CR) that too is where smaller means better (less cycles to perform an action)

Comment

That I understand, why it will not run at 1333 is what I was trying to find out. Although now that Tradesman tells me it will run a CL9 and CR2 I do not see that there will be much of a bandwidth increase. 1333 over 1066 is about the only difference. Is it the chipset that is holding me back?

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS for the motherboard? If so, the system may not be capable of DDR3-1333, otherwise it would choose that profile.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Yes, I upgraded the bios to the latest the other day. I would have to agree that it is running as fast as it can with the chipset and bios that it has. I was hopeful it would run at 1333, but I was not holding my breath. Thanks everyone for your help.

Comment

No problem. Either way will be OK. If it is DDR3-1066, timings are 7-7-7, so it is still "quick" compared to DDR3-1333 9-9-9.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

The other day I had a BSOD which had never happen with this laptop before I replaced the memory with this new memory. Just ran MemTest86 v4.3 and it had errors, so I ran the built-in HP Memory Diagnostics and it failed. Seems the memory is bad and I need to RMA it? Please advise me if I need to RMA it, I think I do.
                  Last edited by Radman3d; 05-15-2012, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Prob want to talk with the rma folks can reach them at rma@gskillusa.com

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I already contacted them to RMA the ram. Will they contact me to T/S the issue or just issue a RMA?

Comment

That I don't know, I'm not GSkill, I help out here to try and keep up with all the hardware , I've got my own systems bisiness

Tman

Comment

I will wait for them to respond, thanks.

Comment

Let us know how it goes

Tman

Comment

Working...
                            X