Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MA770T-UD3 and f2-10600CL9D wont boot

Model of the motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770t-UD3
    Model of the memory: f3-10600CL9D-4GBNT (two 2gb sticks)
    Model of the CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE

Ok guys so I've had my computer for a couple of years now. The odds of getting it to cold boot with both RAM sticks in is pretty much zero. All i get is a series of beeps. Won't even let me go into the bios. So i've been running only one stick and that boots fine all the time.

The only way ive found to get both sticks working at the same time is for me to have my computer running for a while with one stick, shut down, put the other stick in, then reboot. Most of the times this seems to work.

My bios settings are set to default and my stystem is not overclocked. Anything i can do to get my system to boot up all the time with both sticks in?

Cheers.

Check that the timings and DRAM voltage is to spec for the sticks. Check that CR (Command Rate or Command Timing) is at 2N. Try a boot with 1 stick and raise the DRAM voltage .05, shutdown then try w/ both sticks. Another option is to raise your CPU/NB voltage up .05. Try running memtest on each stick by itself to see if either is bad. Can also try using a different PSU if one available or can borrowed. Another possible is to pull the CPU and check for bent pins or something in the socket.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
    X