Ripjaws 2x2GB DDR3-1600 not working in ASUS p8z68-v pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ripjaws 2x2GB DDR3-1600 not working in ASUS p8z68-v pro

Just got this RAM back from RMA, and I put it in with my 2x4GB DDR3-1333 set of ripjaws and it won't boot to windows. Tried it by itself and it won't even post. When it's in with the 8GB set, it'll detect all 12GB, but won't boot to windows. Does this RAM just not work with this board?

What DRAM set? What CPU? What are you trying to mix it with? Do you have the latest BIOS in the mobo? all I have available is here is your on an ASUS P8Z68-V and you've got a set of 2x2GB 1600 (GSkill has over a dozen sets that fit that criteria).....Will offer up mixing ANY two sets of DRAM can be problematic, even the same exact model, here you obviously have different models, different quantities, and different frequencies, so I won't lie and say it should be no problem. They might mix but will need more info

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

The 4GB kit is the F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL, 8GB is F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL. Running with an i7 2600k. I don't actually have the latest BIOS it seems, so I'm going to update it and see why that works.

EDIT: Turns out one of the sticks is bad. Oh well. The other one works fine. And I guess updating the BIOS helped as well.
      Last edited by GuitarFreak; 03-17-2012, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Did you test each DIMM at it's rated specifications with MemTest?

Comment

I can't run memtest with the one stick because it won't even POST with it in, and while it will POST when I put it in with the 8GB sticks as well, it won't boot into anything, not even from a CD. I have the other stick in right now and it's running fine. I'm just going to RMA the one stick again.

Comment

Definitely sounds like a RMA

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X