Can I return this RAM for a new one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I return this RAM for a new one?

I built a pc 2 months ago and recently I was getting BSODs. I found one of the sticks of RAM had errors after using memtest on it, so I took it out and everything is okay now.

This is the RAM I bought:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231428

This is my motherboard:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813157271

If there is a way to fix the errors on the RAM, that would be cool. I really need to use my 8GB of RAM, I am currently running on 4GB because the other stick is okay.

I understand this RAM is not on the QVL list of the motherboard, but it worked good for 2 months then this just randomly happened one day.

~Thanks for your help.

They had some problems with this mobo, and just released a BIOS update a little over a week ago, may want to load it, then go into BIOS, enable XMP and select profile 1.......if problems persist try adding .05 to the DRAM voltage

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I used memtest86 on it. This only happened to one RAM stick. I was thinking these errors mean the RAM has problems, but are these errors because the RAM stick is defective or is it because the XMP, etc is not compatible. I never updated BIOS.

Comment

If your got errorss and the DRAM timings, voltage, etc were correct will want to either contact GSkill for RMA or go through your e-re-retailer if within the return time window. can contact Skill in Americas at rma@gskillusa.com or elsewhere rma@gskill.com

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Wait, so is this RAM's errors because of incompatibility? It said it had thousands of errors. The RAM's settings were never messed with and it worked perfectly for 2 months. one day it gave me BSODs, I tested it, and found it to give errors when i used memtest86. It looks to me that the RAM itself is defective, it doesn't seem to be some xmp or motherboard compatibility issue.

thanks for the help

Comment

RMA info is in my previous post, and yes a stick could have gone bad, doesn't happen often, but one reason GSkill has a lifetime warranty.

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X