No announcement yet.

May Help Some

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's the luck of the die cutter bro if you get a center piece you're golden, goes for memory , boards,an cpu thats my logic an i think im right.
    Last edited by wolfman; 03-18-2012, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Wouldn't be surprised, sort of like new cars out of Detroit, people used to want one physically made on Wed, next pref was Tues or Thur, and didn't want any made on Mon or Fri - too many people taking day off to make a long weekend or recover from the weekend that QC went downhill

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Update Ga-990fxa an 16Gig Gskill sniper

Amd phenom 2 980 x4 is now in. Running it, it selected the default 1600 mhz off the bat all 16 gigs. multi at x20, 4026 mhz running prime 95 gave me error bumped voltage up to next available nb-cpu voltage got me over the hump, an now stable. Still prime 95 is running checking for errors, current cpu temp is jumping from 55 c to 57 c am i good or no, on temps cpu paste is not burnt in yet so it could still go lower when it does. crosses fingers memory is at stated speed 9-9-9-24-2 gonna try for 1t if stable later after i feel prime 95 ran long enough.

Comment

It's looking good so far, I'd give the thermal compound a few days to sure, and it should help keep temps a bit lower. Keep us updated

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

May help some

Some thing i have noticed, is the load line calibration feature i have been playing with cause on the prime95 run, if the cpu went down below 1.39V an up to 1.40V it would shoot errors galore. Went in set it to normal an still did the fluctuation from 1.39V to 1.40V, an prime errors again shoot out. Went back in an set it to medium same results. Went back in to bois again an changed it to high it went from 1.40 to 1.42 no errors came up. So went back in bios to see if i could drop the cpu-nb vid to normal state it did fine on prime 95 also, plus the temps came down some. also went back in bios an changed 2t to 1t it was stable in prime 95 also. I also know that prime 95 builds up heat during testing almost to 60 c at soome points. but i found that if i let it go to the 12 th test if it reaches that 60 c i should stop it, because real world apps dont get the cpu near as hot as prime 95 does. HOPE THIS HELPS SOME ONE........ comments are welcome as usual an if im wrong tell me so. What you will need is to monitor this voltage of the cpu with a motherboard program, as youre runnig prime 95 an watch for fluctuations in said cpu voltage. only need to up the load line voltage till the lowest fluctuation changes to the next highest mine was 1.40v to 1.42v

Comment

Definitely firing on all cylinders, thanks for sharing, I know this will be of help to others

Tman

Comment

4.5+GHz High LLC is almost always necessary for complete stability. But keep in mind this will also make your CPU hot, so watch temps.

For Prime95, I think it's test 5-7? that you'll want to pay extra attention to.. some boards catch fire.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                X