• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May Help Some

System componants

Amd athlon 2x2 250 regor "older hardware"

Ga-990fxa-ud3 rev 1.1

G.SKILL Sniper Gaming Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9Q-16GBSR

Kingwin 850 power supply

1. Installed all memory an it worked, till i started to install drivers it then crashed.

2. Went to post 3 beeps no post.

3. Cleared the cmos by taking battery out an unplugging unit.

4. Put battery an cord in an went to post an 3 beeps.

5. Tried all memory in slots 3 and 4, 2 at a time it worked an posted so memory is good.

6. Tried them in slots 1 and 2, 2 at a time an idividually, 3 beeps.

7. Tried in slots 1 and 3 for dual channel 2 sticks at a time, same 3 beeps.

8. Tried in slots 3 and 4 for dual channel 2 sticks at a time.same 3 beeps.

9. So now im stuck in single channel mode 2 sticks in slot 3 and 4.

10. I'm thinking cpu or motherboard i need advice please as i need to let te newegg no so i can rma motherboard if its faulty. Thanks if you can help much appreciate it.
    Last edited by Tradesman; 03-22-2012, 11:43 AM. Reason: Clearer

Think your right, boot it up with two sticks, and check that you have the lates BIOS, if not update and try again....then with a 250 might try running at 1333 8-8-8-24, and will prob need DRAM voltage up to 1.55 and will want to add + .1 to + .12 to the CPU/NB voltage...if still having problems give us a shout back

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

It defaulted too 1066 when it first booted with all 4 sticks when it worked.
      Also tried newest bios an upped the cpu nb also added mem voltage suggested as suggested an no dice there either.
      So you believe the motherboard is faulty also ? Also i did have a 550 power supply in before this snafu i ordered the king win 850 afterwrds thinking it was a power issue. Als running a 5770 video card pci-e
      Last edited by wolfman; 03-10-2012, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Might pull the CPU and check it and the socket for thermal compound, dust, bent pins etc. If another system is available or you can get together with friend/co-worker etc, could try swapping CPUs, DRAM between the mobos....Of the 250s I've had a chance to work with, it's been hit or miss, haven't run many over 8GB/1333

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Got it sorted now able too get all memory in slots. There were no bent pins i cleaned cpu thermal paste off an blew out the holes restarted with 2 sticks it booted an then put remaining sticks in booted go figure lol.

Comment

By the way thank you for youre help, if i have any further questions i know i can count on you. Currently running CORE 3524, MULTI 15, BUS 235, HT 2115, MEM 626 OR 1252, 9-9-9-11-2T

Comment

Glad to help, keep in touch with the forums, never know what you might find, or be able to help someone out

Tman

Comment

Ga-990fxa-ud3 1.1 an new cpu coming an update on amd 2x2 regor 250 cpu

Am posting this as update too the ram snafu thread. I was able to get 3600 mhz at default multi x15, frontside bus is 240, ram at 1333 now equal"s with overclock on bus is now 1600 mhz. On the ga-990fxa-ud3 rev. 1.1, 16 gig of sniper 1600 1.5v an then the rest all auto voltages. Also as update got this for cooling cpu, hyper212 plus. New cpu is coming http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819103935 will keep you updated as time progress"s. Thank you again Tman

Comment

That's great to hear, and you'll like the 980, let us know when you get it up and running.

Tman

Comment

Allmost forgot the timings of the memory 9-9-9-24 1t

Comment

Will do Tman ill keep you updated. I'm thinking i have got a really good board cut from the center of wafers to do this good an the memory modules also. Ive had good boards before an ive had bad an seen bad, that were alike but not near as powerful.

Comment

Some are most definitly better than others, I.ve gotten groups of the same in the past, (4-12 mobos) and they all seem to vary a little, but generally (not always) onte or two will be really sweet and/ possibly a real dog or two

Comment

Yep been into computers since the 386, old school, built many, not saying i have not had problems though. Some are real hair pullers till you figure it out. I want to see if i have trouble getting the next cpu 980 quad running with 16 gigs of ram. I all most hate taking this one out it runs sweet for old school, 2x2 250 regor dual processor, But it is old school so out with the old in with the new hope it goes as well as this one did. Battlefeild 3 is downloading now. New processor arrival time 3/21 or sooner newegg's been good at shipping.
                          Last edited by wolfman; 03-18-2012, 07:42 PM.

Comment

The 386 was a good place to start, at least your could play with DRAM a bit, I was doing big iron when the PC started, I think RamJam sort of hit it on the head, it's the same with sticks and even CPUs, every so often you catch a really good one

Tman

Comment

Yes i agree with that too, hope my cpu i get is magic lol

Comment

Working...
                              X