No announcement yet.

P9X79 Deluxe Only half RAM recognized.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P9X79 Deluxe Only half RAM recognized.

Hi,

I've 8 x 4 Go GSkill DDR3 2133 MHz CL11 (F3-17000CL11Q2-32GBZL (4Gx8)) on Asus P9X79 Deluxe but in Bios 0906 four memory sticks are in abnormal status (slots A1, A2, B1, B2) even if I switch sticks.

When I install only 4 dimms in A1, B1, C1, D1 I still have 16 GB running.

is special configuration to do to correctly detect and run all memory ?

Thanks for your suport

You'll want the latest BIOS, but first thing that comes to mind would be if 16GB are showing, what OS are you running? Windows 7 Home Premium is limited to 16GB max, if that's your OS then it's your problem. If not the OS, then this is a good starter guide when all DRAM doesn't appear as it should:

http://i4memory.com/ramdetect

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Make sure they are firmly inserted, each module should click when installed properly.

It only shows 16GB in BIOS? Where are you looking?

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

All modules are correctly inserted but in auto mode they are detected with 1600 frequency instead 2133. Yes I have screenshots and last bios (1103).

Thanks

Comment

First on the 16GB showing, where is this.....and what OS are you running, i.e. Win7 Home premium only supports up to 16GB of DRAM. Also have you tried enabling XMP and selecting the 2133 profile

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

16 GB ais showing in Bios and Vista 64 Ultimate.

4 modules are in normal status and 4 in abnormal status. When I try to enable XMP and select 2133 profile, motherboard hangs during boot sequence and bios returns to previous configuration.

[IMG]file://f:/120308092546.BMP[/IMG]

Comment

Might take a look at this, it's helped some folks

http://i4memory.com/ramdetect

Tman

Comment

Working...
              X