Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.Skill Sniper BSOD w/ 8GB

Hi,

I recently built a computer - the specs are below. I initially installed Windows XP (32-bit) but obtained a copy of Windows 7 Enterprise 64 (I use my machine for work). After installing windows 7 I started getting BSODs. I'd get them after anywhere from 5 mins to an hour of use, sometimes longer. There did not seem to be any obvious correlation between what I was doing and what caused the BSOD. I have been seeing two errors - 0x4e PFN_LIST_CORRUPT and 0x1a MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. I know that could be a driver issue, but it could also be a memory issue.

After a whole lot of searching and mucking around with drivers, and checking things I finally pulled out one of the 4GB memory modules and now everything seems to be running perfectly. So, that problem is kind of solved - except that now I have a spare 4GB memory module and a PC with 4GB instead of 8GB or RAM.

I can live with that, 4GB is enough for my purposes, but if there's anything that anybody could suggest to get the other stick working, that would be great. Do you think it's possible it's a BIOS setting, or is it possible that one of the sticks is bad? I ran memtest with both sticks in overnight (10+ hours) and didn't get any sign of errors.

Here are the specs:
    RAM: G.SKILL DDR3-1333 4GB (x2) F3-10666CL9D-8GBSR
    CPU: Intel Celeron G530 2.4GHz
    M/B: Gigabyte GA-H61M-S2P-B3 (Bios is up to date)
    Video: PowerColor AMD Radeon 6850
    Network, sound both on board M/B
    PSU is 500W
    All drivers up to date, all certified
    The memory BIOS settings are set to auto, which with one stick are: 1.5V 9-9-9-24 The command rate is set to 1
    I have not overclocked anything - as far as I'm aware everything is operating at defaults.

Any advice/thoughts greatly appreciated!

Run memtest on each individual stick of ram, that should tell you if they are good or not

Comment

Okay, will give it a shot tonight. With any luck it'll be good and I'll just need to adjust some bios settings.

Comment

Might try raising the VCCIO up just a tad, maybe + .03 and/or raise the DRAM voltage to 1.55

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Make sure each kit is installed in the same color slots.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks for that... Memtest seemed to be fine, so will try those settings and report on my success or otherwise

Comment

We'll be waiting

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
              X