High memory usage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High memory usage

I have 4g of ram atm I'm thinking of getting 8g to be safe but is it normal too use 90% of your ram while you game 1920by 1080p. Will I run into problems if it reaches 100%? also is there a way to make it so Star wars or mw3 does not use much ram Thanks if you can help

Most of the time it sets at 73% loading is when i only see 85%+
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
    Amd fx 4100,Msi 760GM p23, Cooler master Elite 430 black case. HIS IceQ H657QO1G Radeon HD 6570, G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) CORSAIR Builder Series CX430 V2 430W ATX 12V 80 Plus
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________

Sounds like you may have more than a few background processes running, might want to get a program like WinPatrol and see what all is loading at startup and what can be removed or disabled. Also w/ 4GB your GPU is probably grabbing some DRAM for it's use as you may be thinking. If getting any BSODs or something like that, might look to a higher capacity PSU, a 430 is rather low.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

i know my Lcd panel for g15 uses allot but thats how i monitor my cpu-memory SVChost takes 124,860k

but if I get 8g of ddr3 1600 mhz and 500 wat psu Would it be better? and not use allot of Memory ect

Comment

Sorry, have no idea what you are saying, lcd has it's own power, if by g15 you mean the gaming keyboard, that's little PSU draw, no idea what old system has to do with this, sorry, you've lost me

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

He sorry i mean it draws allot of memory uses like 6k per app

Comment

What I was suggesting was you get a program like WinPatrol, it's free and can be downloaded. Load it and look at the startup tab, it will show you all the programs that load when the system starts, things like Office, a number of the Adobe programs, and many others load little squibs of their programs so when you want to use them they open a hair bit faster, disabling them or removing them can free up more DRAM.

As to going to 8GB, most definately, but would suggest a single 8GB set, mixing sets can be problematic. If you do add another set as opposed to a single 8GB set, I'd suggest getting a set the same model as what you have.

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X