F3-10600CL9D-8GBNT compatible with z68 chipset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-10600CL9D-8GBNT compatible with z68 chipset

Should I be fine running this memory on my intel z68 mobo.
    this is were im purchasing the 8gb kit
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231422

also will it be fine if i had 2 sets of the kit to run 16gb? meaning like if i have 8gb now, that i can get the same kit and run 16gb in the future.

You could check on the motherboards qualifed vendors list (qvl) to be sure,(look on their product support page) but I think it should work out fine. Yes you can always inrcease your ram by adding more of the same just like you suggested

Comment

well, i can't find this exact model of memory, but other g.skill ram is on its qvl list, just not this kit, but my mobo has a memOK button, saying that all failsafe settings and what not would be saved to it is saying in the qvl that i can't, and the manual say it can run almost anything with the memOK button.

Comment

You must have an Asus mobo, yes? If you posted the model someone could help you out

Comment

its a p8z68-m pro and yes its asus, also how did you know it was asus, are they the only ones that use memOK?

Comment

I believe so

Comment

Yes, they'll run fine, and the second is a maybe, mixing two sets, even of the same exact model can be problematic, in this case though, would thing just a slight DRAM voltage adjustment might be needed. As the speed/freq of the sticks go up like 1600, 1866 and up. Always best to get a single set if possible with the amount you want. Don't think you would have much of any problem, but there's no guarantee

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

how come even the same set if i have both would be problematic? what kinda problems would i see and is the problems rare or happen alot. Also wouldn't say a 16gb kit have 4 4gb sticks of what would be in the 2 4gb set?

Comment

also i have this same memory in another set up, but i ordered pc3 10600 but the bios says its a pc3 10666, is there something wrong with that

Comment

You might get sets from different production lots, different lots of materials, i.e. PCBs, ICs, etc, tolerance settings in the machines even different solder can affect the sticks. As mentioned above though generally where you run higher end sticks is where you encounter problems, was just pointing out there's no guarantee they will work together. 10600, 10660 and 10666 are all basically the same

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

also dunno if i mentioned, but my bios, and cpuid software says my 10600 is 10666 and the model number F3-10600CL9D-8GBNT is actually f3-10666cl9-4gbnt, according to bios and cpuid cpu-z software.

also the mobo has 4 dual channel dimm slots, so wouldn't you think 2 dual dimm sets work? sorry i just like to get a clear picture on what i think
                      but thanks for all the help though

Comment

There are three different identifiers used for 1333 DRAM how software and BIOSs read the sticks is up to the programmers that write the software/BIOS.....

As far as mixing sets, all I can tell you is there is no guarantee from GSkill or any other DRAM maker when you mix sets, which is why they offer most any combo of sticks amounts and freqs that are available...because you can run into problems - otherwise everyone would just sell single sticks (more profitable) and let people just buy as many as they want, and XMP could just be forgotten since it's programmed into the sets

Tman

Comment

well, i guess all i can do is wait and see what happens, im soon going to have 2 dual channel kits on my mobo, if it works great, and while its working, ill run memtest86 and some stress test to make sure it runs stable

Comment

also if its better to buy one kit with the amount you want, then what does g.skill do, if you bought a 8gb kit with 2 4gb sticks and one of them are bad, and you only send 1/2 of the set for a replacement?
                            Also my asus mobo has a memOK button and supposed to work if there is incompatablity issues and you suppost to press the button and it would change some settings around to make everything work, have you encountered any asus stuff with the memOK feature?

Comment

Many of their mobos have it, sometimes it works well, generally with with a set of sticks, other times, it doesn't. As far as an RMA, I know they generally don't recommend splitting up sets, but if that is what a customer wants.........I know I'm the same, but I generally either look to whether my client has the know how to deal with it if the sticks don't want to play together, or if I'll be setting them up....if it's me, then it's on me if I go that route, if the sticks don't/won't play within safe thresholds, I replace them and the the old sticks go to the spare parts shelf. This is something that happens all the time, DRAM used to be almost interchangeable back in the DDR and even often in the age of DDR2, DDR3 has brought on great speed increases, higher capacity, greater # of sticks involved..what was somewhat complex, has gotten very complex, yet still people will buy two sets to save $5-10 instead of a single set that's tested to work together, and then spend, at times, numerous hours of time trying to get them to work.
                              Last edited by Tradesman; 03-04-2012, 08:02 PM.

Tman

Comment

Working...
                              X