Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Errors in memtest after 16G-upgrade

Hi,

I am just reading a while, but just have some additional questions.

I have:

AMD 1100T Cpu
    Asus M489GTD Mainboard
    Mem: 8gb-kit: F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL and new: F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL (kits have same specs)
    no OC!

I run the computer with the F3-12800CL9D-4GBXL (RipJawsX) for some time stable with Bios configs to auto.
    Now I got a second 8GB-Kit F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL (RipJaws). Put the new kit to board an left all settings to Auto.

I just started to boot memtest86+
    There are thousands of errors. So I thought there is a problem with the new kit.
    I tested the new kit only as ok, after that I tested the old kit as ok.
    But both kits together bring me lots of errors in memtest.

Now the question: Does it make sense to mix these two kits? Are there differences, even with the same specs?
    Is there any known bug/strange behavior in using this cpu or mainboard?
    Or would you suggest to go on with manual Bios settings?

Thanks a lot and best regards,
    killah78

Anytime you mix two sets it can be problematic, even with the same model, here you are mixing two of different models that use different chips. Best bet to stabilize would be to add about + .05 to the DRAM voltage and prob about .1 to the CPU/NB. Also a good idea to make sure you have the latest BIOS and if need be run memtest n each stick by itself to make sure all 4 are good sticks. Let us know if any of this heslps and then we can go from there.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
    X