• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BSOD - Memory Timings Off in CPU-Z

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200
    MSI G41M-p26 motherboard, latest bios
    F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL memory

I have been experiencing many BSOD on my computer. I have been swapping out components in an attempt to figure it out as well as reformating my computer but to no avail, the issue still exists.

I downloaded and installed CPU-Z which shows incorrect timings for my memory. CPU-Z even lists the dram frequency as 533.33 Mhz which is odd. Inside my bios i have timings set to auto. I can manually set the timing to 9-9-9-24 but there are many other settings in there I could set which may also be causing problems. For instance, tRFC, tWR, tWTR, tRRD, and tRTD.

Should i be concerned about these other settings or just be concerned the the primary four?

Make sure you have the latest BIOS, then check the base timings and if they don't match the sticks specs, change those, same with DRAM voltage, check that CR is at 2T.........and as for CPU-z it's correct it shows the true freq 533, but have to remember this is DDR (Double Data Rate) so you have to take true freq x 2 = 1066 (actually a fraction over 1066.66, and of course, no charge for the extra .66 )

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
    X