RipjawsX F3-2133C9Q-32GXH & Intel DZ68BC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you!
    Intel i7-980X @ Noctua NH-D14 | Asus Rampage III Extreme| MSI GTX580 Lightning XE | 24GB G.Skill DDR3-1600 CL7 F3-12800CL7T-12GBSR | Intel X25-E 64GB & X25-M 80GB | 3x600GB WD6000HLHX VelociRaptor & 1xWD2001FASS 2 TB | Teac DV-W5000S & Pioneer DVR-216D | Seasonic X-650 | Lian Li TYR PC-X2000F @bequiet Silentwings USC |

Comment

No problem, Enjoy! and keep in touch

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Having similar problem with ASROCK P67 Extreme4 with i7-2600K and RipjawsX F3-2133C9Q-32GXH. Although Bios 3.10 appears to work with the Ripjaws, it is intended for Ivy Bridge CPUs and Bios 3.10 causes other problems with my system. It was difficult to return the mobo back to Bios version 1.90 after flashing to Bios 3.10. Nonetheless, I like the Ripjaws and would like to know if it is possible to run the RipjawsX F3-2133C9Q-32GXH ram with an i7-2600K in a GSkill QVL Approved mobo such as the ASUS Maximus V Gene. I am not certain if GSkill qualified the ASUS Maximus V Gene for use with an Ivy Bridge CPU in conjunction with the RipjawsX F3-2133C9Q-32GXH only, rather than with the Sandy Bridge platform.

Comment

SHould be able to run them fine on the mobo you have. What are your ADVANCED/SECONDARY DRAM timings? ASRock has had a lot of trouble getting those to line up with 32GB sets. If you can post up your system voltages also we can prob set you up, I'm running the same set (RJX 2133/9) on my P67 ASRock Fatal1ty and it took me awhile to figure the timing for it, but have since been able to set up a number of their mobos

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank you for the quick response. I assumed you were referring to my configuration for Bios version 1.90 on my ASROCK P67 Extreme4 (B3). I do not know if this bios version supports 8GB sticks at any frequency above 1333MHz, but here is the data you requested:

Profile:
            Bios Version: 1.90
            CPU Setting: Turbo 4.4 GHz
            PLL Over Voltage: Disabled
            Spread Spectrum: Disabled
            GPU: nVIDIA GTX 580
            HDD: Intel 520 SSD

Voltages:
            CPU Core: +1.176
            CPU LLC : Level 4
            DRAM : 1.605 (manually set but if put in AUTO, it sets the same voltage)
            PCH : 1.059
            PLL : 1.832
            VTT : 1.051
            VCCSA : 0.925

DRAM:
            Load XMP Setting: Auto
            DRAM Frequency: DDR3-1333
            tCL: 9
            tRCD: 9
            tRP: 9
            tRAS: 24
            CR: 2N
            tWR: 10
            tRFC: 174
            tRRD: 4
            tWTR: 5
            tRTP: 5
            tFAW: 20
            All Other Settings in Auto

Attempts to loosen up the timings (11-11-11-31-2N) even at 1600MHz results in the multiple restarts of the machine and eventually the memory is automatically placed back to the 1333 MHz frequency with the timings shown above.

Hope the above info helps.

Comment

It looks like it's loading settings for a 16GB set, for 2133 try XMP on load profile 1, then manually make sure it's at 2133, set DRAM voltage to 1.7, VCCIO to 1.16, Stock DRAM base timings, CPU multiplier at 39-40, then in the advanced timings try changing tWR 15, tRFC 273, tRRD 7, tWTR 8, tRTP 8 and tFAW 25 and give that a try

Tman

Comment

Damn you're good! You either have a Magic 8 Ball with an Electrical Engineering Degree or you have genius written all over you. I could have spent months tweaking and never come up with those settings. The timings you provided worked very well. If I have correctly uploaded my timings as a zip attachment to this message, you should have a WORD document with the test settings. Some notes:

1. I am currently running with DRAM voltage of 1.695v. Would like to get down to 1.6v if possible and 1.575v ideally.

2. tRFC does not allow a setting of greater than 255. VTT (VCCIO) appears to work at 1.051v but I have not done any stability testing.

3. Currently CPU is at 4.0 GHz. Would like to get back to at least 4.2 GHz and 4.4 GHz ideally.

I need to do some other work right now. I will get back to tweaking during the weekend when I can run some stability tests. Let me know if you have any ideas on how to go about tweaking the ram to address items 1, 2 and 3 above.

Comment

Genius obviously

Just kidding I like the challenges of DRAM set up, and have been playing with it heavily over the last half dozen years or more. Have worked a lot also, more recently with the bigger sets as basically NONE of the mobo makers were really ready for the masses to move to 16GB (which I had been running for a while now - and especially not ready for the folks to jump into 32 and 64GB rigs (I run 32 on both my P67 and my Z77 (2133 and 2400)....

Your DRAM voltage is safe, but if you can get it down, I'd try (maybe add a bit to vCore and your MC voltage (believe VCCIO on your mobo) might also consider raising the VCCSA to 1.1 which will stabilize things overall a bit and prob allow a bit of a drop on DRAM voltage

the 255 tRFC issue is one I encountered on both my above listed mobos (ASRock's), might drop them a line that you have a 32 GB set that calls for say 278 or even 314 and ask when they are going to fix the BIOS to allow the mobo to run 32GB of high speed DRAM as they advertise, that tends to get their attention a bit)....if they allow that in a future BIOS can prob tighten other timings down for better performance - won't be anything you 'see', but will be there.

With your CPU should be able to run higher without much problem, once the DRAM is stable, just raise your multiplier, turn the C-states off and kick up the vCore a bit. I'll be pretty much out till Tues PM, but if you want a jhand just holler, should be able to hit 4.6 fairly easily or better (if you have water or a decent air CPU Cooler

Tman

Comment

Thank you for your help. Your recommendations have been very successful so far. Had a little time this weekend to do some stability testing. CPU set at 4.4 GHz. Vcore increased to 1.3 (fixed) in BIOS. During Intel Burn Test (Standard), core voltage drops to a minimum of 1.224 with LLC at Level 4. VCCIO (VTT on my mobo) at 1.077, DRAM voltage down to a respectable 1.65 and VCCSA at 1.107. Managed to pass Intel Burn Test (Standard) with these settings (see attached zip file) with CPU at 63C max. Still tweaking to see if I can go to higher Intel Burn Test level but very happy with the current results and all 32GB of DRAM working at 2133MHz.

Want to wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from all of over here.

Comment

I'm glad to hear all is well so far, keep us updated! Hope you and yours also have a great holidays!

T

Tman

Comment

Working...
                      X