No announcement yet.

Display Driver Stopped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Might try the using the latest nVidia driver first 301.10, next check that you have the latest BIOS for the mobo, then try DRAM under XMP

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
      Might try the using the latest nVidia driver first 301.10, next check that you have the latest BIOS for the mobo, then try DRAM under XMP

Thank you for your quick reply! I am sorry I did not specify but I do have the latest version of BIOS. I will updated the driver for the videocard though.

I also noticed in the mobo manual that the recommended memory for P9X79 PRO under 1800 MHZ QVL list is F3-14400CL9D. I use F3-14900CL9Q2 which is recommended for P9X79 DELUXE mobo. Do you think that this might be an issue? Shall I return the memory RAM and buy the recommended F3-14400CL9D for my mobo?

Thank you!

Comment

The Ripjaws Z model should be fine, they are designed for the X79 chipset/2011 socket, will want to enable XMP and select profile 1 if you haven't already, but in your case, I'm leaning towards it being the GPU driver

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

The Ripjaws Z model should be fine, they are designed for the X79 chipset/2011 socket, will want to enable XMP and select profile 1 if you haven't already, but in your case, I'm leaning towards it being the GPU driver
          I will update videocard driver tonight and see if that works. I did not not enable Profile 1 and I will do that too.

I thought that too about the driver but I also switched the videocard with another Gefore 550Ti and I had the same problem. I also noticed that sometimes I can not access the keyboard or the mouse while the system is working in the background. Basically the keyboard and the mouse is dead and I have to restart the system to get access to them again. All these made me think that it might be an issue with the RAM memory.

Comment

It's possible, XMP should set up the DRAM correctly, if the BIOS is ready for it, so that would be a start, could be it's slightly out of sync, which is sort of common right now with the larger amounts of DRAM, i.e. 32 and 64GB sets, don't think the mobo makers anticipated people flocking to the large amounts and high freqs as they have....have seen many that haven't got anything on their QVL for 32 and 64 except low freq...if that

Tman

Comment

It's possible, XMP should set up the DRAM correctly, if the BIOS is ready for it, so that would be a start, could be it's slightly out of sync, which is sort of common right now with the larger amounts of DRAM, i.e. 32 and 64GB sets, don't think the mobo makers anticipated people flocking to the large amounts and high freqs as they have....have seen many that haven't got anything on their QVL for 32 and 64 except low freq...if that
              You are right about the large amounts of memory. I will set the XMP tonight and hopefully this will fix the issue. If not do you think I should leave only 16Gb of RAM and see if that works?

Thank you so much!

Comment

Can try w/ 16GB, if problem goes away then w/ 32 prob need voltage adjustments to VCCIO and poss VCCSA

Tman

Comment

Can try w/ 16GB, if problem goes away then w/ 32 prob need voltage adjustments to VCCIO and poss VCCSA
                  I set the memory to XMP and I haven't had any error ever since and I am using all my 32Gb of RAM. I really hope that my problem has been fixed. I will let you know if I get any other error the following days but so far so good. Thank you so much for your promptness and for all your help!

Gabriel

Comment

Glad to hear it's looking good, keep in touch

Tman

Comment

Working...
                    X