Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Counterfeit G.SKILL memory kit ??

Hi !

I'm thinking have bought a 2nd counterfeit G.SKILL memory kit.

1 Week after purchase this 2nd kit , blue screen appear and 1 of the 3 module was not recognized :/

(G Skill F3-12800CL6-6GBPI)

Black PCB KIT Purchased 04/08/2011, Green PCB KIT (weird?) Purchased 17/01/2012

Last edited by plopingo; 02-20-2012, 09:37 PM.

Will have GSkill take a look, but know on occasion they have tried some of the sets with black PCBs, not sure if it's for appearance/marketing or shortage of available components, i.e. manufacturer short of green PCB so the substitute the same in black, know that's happened to other manufacturers as well

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I'm also surprised with the copyright date and the genuine sticker on the package

Comment

Dropped them a note to take a look

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Both should be G.Skill, but looks like the "newer" one is actually older.

Did you purchase from same place?

Are you attempting to use both kits in the same system?

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
            Both should be G.Skill, but looks like the "newer" one is actually older.

Did you purchase from same place?

Are you attempting to use both kits in the same system?

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH
            Purchased from same place? : Yes

Are you attempting to use both kits in the same system? : Yes, is why I've bought this 2nd kit, this kit is awesome running 9.9.9.24 1T @ 1764Mhz
            Last edited by plopingo; 02-21-2012, 04:56 PM.

Comment

With two sets, will need to turn off XMP if using it, and make sure base timings and CR set manually. May want to start with base DRAM voltage and MC (Memory Controller) voltage but may have to raise one or both with two sets

Tman

Comment

I'm not using XMP (1600) I run @ 1764 and have set the timings manually like i said on my previous post

The thing is the 2nd kit is HS actually

I can't try anything

Waiting RMA actually

Comment

Let us know when you get 'em

Tman

Comment

You can count on me

Comment

We'll be waiting

Tman

Comment

Just received today the new kit, is 2010 kit same as the first I've bought

Comment

Glad to hear it, let us know how it goes

Tman

Comment

Working...
                          X