Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HELP] New computer problems

Hello, I'm Eduardo from argentina.

Yesterday I connected everything and the system booted and I was able to enter bios (no OS, the hd is still blank).
    Today I turned on and I get beep error: 1 long 2 shorts (link to beep codes), I didn't change anything, just tried to turn on.

System:
    Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula
    Processor AMD Phenom ii x6 1100T Black Edition (default cooler)
    Ram 4 x 4gb, GSKILL F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL (2 packages of 2x4gb each)
    Video Sapphire Radeon 6970
    Hard disks 2 x WD Black 1Tb(OS and stuff) and 1 x WD Blue 160gb(swap partition or pagefile)
    PSU CoolerMaster Silent Pro Gold 1000W

1) Is possible to have a computer working with this hardware???

2) I don't want to reach limits of overclocking, I bought this items, If I can have a stable system working with the cpu at "real" speed (3.3Mhz) and memory at the lower stable value I 'll really happy, any help??

Thanks a lot!!
    Eduardo.-

To run all 4 sticks at 2133 would require huge OC, and even then might not be able to handle any 4 stick set at 2133. I'd start with a single set at 1600 (can use the guide here:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=7688

Once you get one set stable, add the second and be prepared to raise DRAM and CPU/NB voltage to carry the extra sticks. Once all 4 are stable, then maybe try to move up to 1800-1866

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hello Tradesman, thanks for answer so quickly!

I don't want to overclock too much, I just want a working computer with 16gb if it is possible at any speed (1066 or 1333 will be better than my actual pc with 4gb of DDR2 800).

Now my problem is the beep codes, I didn't change anything from yesterday and now I get that error. Motherboard led DRAM_LED is red.

Comment

Try resetting the CMOS, check manual, should be a jumper switch on the mobo, then start with 1 or 2 sticks installed in the proper slot(s)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I don't know what is happening, sometimes I pass ram check, then I reset and I get ram error again, :S

a few times I managed to enter bios and after a minute bios get freeze, then I restart and I get bios again or memory error

I saw in bios that processor is recognized and one time I saw 16gb at 1600Mhz.

I can't pass bios, sometimes I get memory errors after clearing cmos other times no, I don't know what is happening

Comment

Try setting it up to 1600 and try to run memtest on each stick individually

Tman

Comment

hi i have the same board ..
              with the crosshair v make sure your mem is seated properly .. take it out and click it in a few times .. (1 sided clips arnt good)
              try just 2 sticks in the 2nd and 4th slots ..what bios are you running ..705 and the new 1103 are good .
              once in bios manully set for 11-11-11-30-2N and 1.5v see if that runs ..
              then we can see about getting 2 seperate pairs to run ..

Comment

Hi Tradesman and flearider, I think is solved ( i found in google someone who removed the processor and installed again, I did that and works, I tried ubuntu live cd and works).

I'm running 1102, I've just updated it.

Here are the screenshots (25 images) of the Bios:

http://www.movius.com.ar/vars/newpc/800x600/ (800x600 resolution, recommended)
                http://www.movius.com.ar/vars/newpc/2592x1944/ (2592x1944 resolution)

Can you check them please??
                All options are by default, is ok? can you suggest me any important setting?

Like I said, I don't want overclock, If everything is fine for work with cpu@3300Mhz and ram@1600Mhz I'll be very comfortable.
                Thanks a lot!!

Eduardo.-

Comment

ok try ..increase nb/cpu to 1.26v dram to 1.50v-1.55 cpu bus to 236 cpu ratio to 17 cpu voltage to 1.42

this will give your around 4ghz oc @ 1867 mem

Comment

Can kick up like Flearider shows, but before doing so keep the pics of your current settings to fall back to, big thing is that you are happy with it

Tman

Comment

If everything is correct like the screenshots, I'll keep like that.

This pc is an Athlon X2 5200+ with 4gb@800Mhz. I work, play, etc with this pc.

I bought the new on because I love technology, cpu@3300Mhz and 16gb@1600Mhz will be better than this one.

Did you check screenshots? is the configuration correct?

Thanks!

Comment

Yes, looks good, and if it ever starts feeling slow can always OC some

Tman

Comment

Thanks Tradesman!! I'm very happy now ehehe
                          Best regards,

Eduardo.-

Comment

Time for a Bife de Chorzio and a Quilmes, to celebrate, eh?

Tman

Comment

Food is good! but I don't like beer, better drink is Fernet with Coke or Ron with Coke lol

Comment

Working...
                              X