• Show
Clear All

• Ripjaws vs Snipers on Sabertooth‏

Hi !

Just building me a new PC :

-Intel i5 2500K 3,3 ghz

-Asus Sabertooth P67 (Rev B3)

I have to make a choice between :

-Ripjaws X Series - 8Go (2x 4 Go) PC12800 1600 Mhz - CL9 - F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL

-Sniper Series - 8Go (2x4 Go) - PC12800 1600 Mhz- CL9 - F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR

I am a gamer so I was interested by the Snipers until I saw the ?Sandy Bridge compatibility? on the Ripjaws.

This is not mentioned on the Snipers so I am a bit confused because I don?t know if it is really important ?

I checked, both are visibly compatible with my MOBO !

So, what is really the differences between those two ?

Do you think the Snipers are really the good choice for me ?

Does my MOBO support the XMP profile of the Snipers ?

Thank you very much !

The X series was designed for the new gen CPUs and around the P67/Z68/H67 chipsets so they are prime time with SB, the Snipers are more of an all round set of sticks, but I myself lean towards them on the SB platform, have used them a number of times and found them to be my preferred set with most anything, they OC well, and downclock to rather timings timings. I run two sets of 1866/CL9 Snipers (4x4GB, 16GB total) in my main P67 at 2133 with no problems what so ever and am looking at upgrading to the 4x4GB 2133/CL9 set, think I'll be able to take them up to 23-2400 at CL10

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hey ! Thank you Tman !

Ok, the "sandy bridge compatibility" is not really a necessity then ... ?

So, I'll take those Snipers !

(It will be my first G.Skill set, so I hope to enjoy it a lot)

Comment

I think you will, as I mentioned the Snipers have become my favorites, Love 'em!

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X