Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions: Runing 2 sets of F3-17600CL7D-4GBXHD together, thing to know?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions: Runing 2 sets of F3-17600CL7D-4GBXHD together, thing to know?

Hi,

I've stumble across of a other set of F3-17600CL7D-4GBXHD, I remember to been told that they could be hard to make them "stable" together at their full speed / latency.

I wanted to know what could I do/try if I have issues making them run together and if somebody have some concrete experience with this kind of setup I would like to see what was the "loss" to achieved it.

I'm well aware that there's a few wildcards in this kind of setups but I'm trying to have an idea to what I'm must expect.

Best regards,

It's possible they will play together at rated specs, but if not, best bet is to try adding a little voltage to the DRAM ( start at about + .05 or up to 1.7 from the 1.65 stock) and/or adding voltage to the MC (Memory Controller) which may be in the BIOS as VCCIO (many 1155 mobos), QPI/VTT (many 1366 mobos), CPU/NB (AMD systems) or other variants. Another option is to drop the freq to 2000 or 1866 and tighten the timings a bit to keep the performance up to near 2133 native

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks

That's the kind of reply I enjoy receiving, it's clear straight to the point (as much is possible) and give you some hint how to do stuff.

You've helped me clearing my doubts. I hope they will play nice, their awesome ram products.

Comment

If any problems give a shout

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Ram installed First results

Hi,

I've installed my new ram set yesterday and been able to make them run at 2133 with all settings at Auto.

Latency is around 8-10-8-27

It screw up my OC, but I don't mind at this point I've a hard time pushing my I7 2500K above 4.3-4.4 Ghz (at 4.5 Ghz it doesn't boot )

I'll try to tighter the timings see how it goes, but overall I'm happy with the Latency at this speed, didn't saw other RAM able to get CAS 8 @ 2133 with a 8 Gig set (2 or 4 dims).

Best regards,

Comment

Might need to add a little vCore voltage to the CPU on the OC try about 1.335 or add just a touch to the VCCSA, maybe + .04

Tman

Comment

Yea, that is very high performance kit, DDR3-2133 CL8 is tip top

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
              X