X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH - ASUS P7H55M-Pro MEMTEST Errors

Model of the motherboard: Asus P7H55M-Pro Bios Version 1709
    Model of the memory:4x F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH
    Model of the CPU: Intel Core i3 550 (Clarkdale)

What is the problem? Linux OS, random reboots, applications crashing, memtest showing errors

I am using MemTest86 v4.10 to test memory chips.

Background: Currently I am trying to configure the memory, tried using manual settings 7-7-7-21 2CN but that was causing errors, currently using XMP and that is testing perfect on a pair of modules but instantly shows errors on the other set of memory. I am testing the erroneous pair individually to see if there is something wrong with that pair. If there is any other recommendations regarding the configuration of this memory it would be appreciated. (also I noticed the PCB for one set of chips is green while the other is black) not sure how you source the memory and whether this could be an issue.

Update

Well it looks like a bad chip according to memtest, any further testing required?

Comment

If you test them one at a time and one performs differently, send them in for RMA exchange.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

I had one module test bad by itself, RMA is already on the way, thank you.

Comment

Let us know how the new sticks work

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
          X