No announcement yet.

F3-10666CL9D-16GBXL(8Gx2) compatibility- ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Correction! I can get both sticks to work in slot 3 and 4 together but they are in "single channel mode" not dual channel mode. I don't know if this helps my troubleshooting situation or not.

Comment

Yes...give it a try...been seeing a lot of their mobos that the BIOS isn't ready for 8GB sticks (like mine for example - see:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=10590

Also make sure the sticks are firmly seated - should boot up to a default of 1333 9-9-9-28 or so regardless........if one stick will work by itself, but not with two might check each with Memtest to see if maybe one is bad

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank you for your crazy fast responses. I read your article and tried your suggestions but i still cant get them to boot in dual channel mode. Do you think its a limitation of the board that will be updated in the future or should i look at RMA'ing the board for something that supports this ram?

Comment

Can you get one to boot?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Yes, I can get either of them to boot if only one stick is in or they are both in slot 3 and 4. The problem I guess is that they are a dual channel kit only running in single channel.

Comment

Ok, with 1 stick go to BIOS, raise DRAM voltage to 1.56, VCCIO to 1.2 and VCCSA to 1.06 or there abouts (don't know the actual possibilities on your mobo) then try first in 2-4, if no joy, then in 1-3.........fast this evening because I'm kicking back, got a system running some diagnostics, watching the Indy car race from earlier today (was out working) on one monitor and I've got Win8 up in a VM I'm playing with (I do beta for MS on OSs) on the other monitor along with this forum and MS feedback.

Tman

Comment

Still a no go sir. :-/

If i may ask; what may changing these voltages do to make the ram work? Ive built plenty of computers but never messed woth overclocking and voltages.

I am a big F1 fan and i have to record everything and watch it later because of my job.

Comment

First the mobos don't always correctly regulate the voltages to true amopunts, so you can often raise DRAM voltage a bit to true it out to what spec voltage is or if a stick may be weak it gives it a little extra push, same thing with the VCCIO (MC) voltage, the VCCSA i the System Agent voltage and with what you have shouldn't have needed any change, but on occasion if the mobo isn't ready for 8GB sticks it helps the whole system overall.....To be honest, I think it's the mobo, but since it will boot individual sticks, I'd run Memtest on each one to see if either is bad.....would hate to see you RMA the mobo only to find you had a bad stick....if sticks test good can contact the mobo manufacturer and ask them if or can they test 8GB stick sets...after all they advertise they'll run on the mobo

Tman

Comment

Do you have any other DDR3 memory you can try? Sound like maybe a bad motherboard.

Thank you
                    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                    X