F3-12800CL8D Kit 1 bad stick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL8D Kit 1 bad stick?

I think I narrowed a problem down to a bad memory stick. Before I send in the RMA, does this sound like a bad stick?

This is a new system. It's not OC. It ran perfectly for several days. I woke up one day to a black screen and the computer wouldn't respond to mouse or keyboard. I had to shut it down by holding the Power button. When I powered it back on it went straight to a black screen. I removed both memory sticks. I put one stick in to each memory slot and booted the computer. For each slot it went straight to a black screen. I then did the same thing with the second memory stick and it booted up just fine into BIOS and then Windows. Since then I've tried 2 different memory sticks I had laying around in both combinations of memory slots and the computer is functioning perfectly.

Sound like just a dead memory stick?

Model of the motherboard: ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3
    Model of the memory: F3-12800CL8D8GBXM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
    Model of the CPU: Intel core i5 2500K

Quite possibly, may want to clean the contacts on the stick (rubbing alchohol works well) and make sure no fibers on the contacts or scratches and give the stick another try. If no joy, and the sticks are fairly new, can check with e-/re-tailer for exchange, if not prob want to RMA. Sounds like New England area, so would want to contact rma@gskillusa.com

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
    X