Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

32gb showing as 24gb - F3-14900CL9Q2-32GBZL (4Gx8)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 32gb showing as 24gb - F3-14900CL9Q2-32GBZL (4Gx8)

Please can I have all the settings needed to get this memory to work on the Asus Rampage IV Extreme,

I followed the instructions here https://docs.google.com/document/pub...0OU5VPe6CUoFso

But it still only shows 24 gb, its the memory in D1 & D2 which are not being detected

The ASUS SPD information shows they are present but for some unknown reason they arent being used.

So I can only assume its a setting somewhere.

I have the Intel Core i7-3960X 3.30GHz Sandybridge-E Socket LGA2011 processor

Do you have the latest BIOS, 1101? Can be found here:

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Int...reme/#download

Can also try moving sticks around and ensure they are seated well or running Memtest on each to ensure all good sticks, possibly raise vCore a tad, check that Win isn't limiting the amount of DRAM, Click START, enter MSCONFIG in the search box, ENTER, click the BOOT tab, and make sure MAXIMUM MEMORY is unchecked, also check that there are no bent/broken pins in CPU socket and that no thermal compound got on bottom of CPU or in socket. Might also check with a single stick in the primary slot for each channel to ensure all channels are working, if you have a third party cooler, might check using the stock cooler, some coolers have been found to short the mobo causing less DRAM than what is installed to show, could also be a faulty mobo. This issue has come up a few times apparently, saw a couple times in NewEgg reviews and more out on the net.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I have the latest BIOS

moved them all around ran memtest, but if there is only memory in D1 then the pc wont even post, turns on but then nothing...

it must be the mobo if there arent any specific timing settings needed or anything like that... just odd that Asus SPD detects them in D1 & D2 but they arent used.

In the guide in step 3 the numbers shown there are different to my numbers (latency, delay etc)... thats why i thought there might bhave been other stuff I needed to change
      Last edited by deludeddonny; 01-29-2012, 10:16 AM.

Comment

ok, ive been speaking to the guys at ROG and it seems all but certain its the mobo thats faulty, gotta send it back now and wait ages for a new one

thanks anyway

Comment

Sorry we couldn't provide a quick fix, but sometimes you get a bad mobo, generally not often, and even less often you might get a bad CPU, if the mobo is new and from someplace like the Egg or TigerDirect (or most any re-e-tailer you should have about 30 days to RMA/exchange through them which would be faster than going through ASUS

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
          X