Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16G Ram for Maximus IV Extreme-Z

Hello

in my country the available model of gskill 4G ram is "G.skill Ripjaws-X 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1866 CL9"

can I use two kit to get 16G ram with ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z

thanks

A straight 4x4GB set would be preferable, and you'd be able to use XMP, but generally you can get two of these sets to play together (some out of the box) with at worst, a little extra DRAM voltage to the DRAM and/or the MC (Memory controller)....if you have any problems give us a shout

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hello

thank you,
      another question, does this also apply to "G.skill Sniper Low Voltage Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 CL9"

and what is the difference between Sniper and Ripjaws, and which prefer for ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z

thanks
      Last edited by secoseco; 01-28-2012, 03:00 PM. Reason: add some questions

Comment

Biggest diff would be different memory chips, and to a degree the SPD programming, of the 2, Gskill would prob point to the Ripjaws X as they are designed for your chipset (as well as the P67 and H67), I myself like the Snipers and use them with most everything, have found they OC well and are very versatile

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hello

thank you for replay,

I get 2 X SNIPER F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR 1.5v = 16G and install it without any problem and working great but in 1600, can you guide me to how to run it in 1866

thanks

Comment

All right, w/ 2 sets XMP won't work, so you want it turned off then set your base timings to 9-10-8-28, CR (Command Rate) to 2T, start with DRAM voltage at 1.5 (may have to go up to 1.55) and VCCIO (memory contoller) voltage to 1.1

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X