Memory problem with bios/ windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory problem with bios/ windows

Hi everyone, i was looking for everywhere a solution of my problem and tried everything but still cant fix it , so i decided to make a thread here, so i hope your guys can help me.

About my problem

i got G skill snipers x2 4gbs 1866 mhz F3-14900 CL9D-8GBSR, when i installed them for the first time , the bios just show 4 gbs in total and not the 8 gbs, so i updated the bios and still got the problem. i tought it was because of windows, so when i installed windows 7 ultimate X64, it shows 8 gbs installed ( 3,96 usable) , i tried all tutorials and nothing happend.

my pc:
    amd phenom II x6 1100 thunban
    Asus M5A99X
    Asus Hd 6870 Directcu
    Corsair force series 3 60 gbs

Sorry about my english, i am spanish and im desesperate to fix this problem. thanks
    Last edited by se33; 01-24-2012, 05:12 PM.

Guessing you have them in the black slots, might try in the blue. Also in Windows, it might be limiting the DRAM, might go to START, type msconfig in the search box, hit enter, that will take you into the SYSTEM CONFIGURATION, click the BOOT TAB, CLICK ADVANCED OPTIONS and make sure the MAXIMUM MEMORY box is unchecked.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
      Guessing you have them in the black slots, might try in the blue. Also in Windows, it might be limiting the DRAM, might go to START, type msconfig in the search box, hit enter, that will take you into the SYSTEM CONFIGURATION, click the BOOT TAB, CLICK ADVANCED OPTIONS and make sure the MAXIMUM MEMORY box is unchecked.
      I did everything and still cant, i unchecked the box, i put mapping enable in bios, i did almost all tutorials possibles and still nothing. i got last bios update and i tried to configure and the bios still says i still got 4 gbs in total, and windows still says i got 8 gbs ( 3,96 usable).
      Last edited by se33; 01-24-2012, 06:40 PM.

Comment

With mapping enabled, shut down the system, unplug, pull the sticks and reseat them a time or two.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

With mapping enabled, shut down the system, unplug, pull the sticks and reseat them a time or two.
          i did, the only thing left is putting them in black slots, but when i do it motherboard dont let me start on the pc it makes a sound with a red light so i dont know what to do, i just can use 4 gbs with 8 gbs in total :S... i think the motherboard is not compatible or maybe is an error from the bios
          Last edited by se33; 01-24-2012, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Back to the other slots, your CPU may not be able to handle the 1866 sticks, take a look at the thread here:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=7688

and try setting them up at 1600, with timings at 8-9-8-26, 2N, 1.5

Tman

Comment

r

Back to the other slots, your CPU may not be able to handle the 1866 sticks, take a look at the thread here:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=7688

and try setting them up at 1600, with timings at 8-9-8-26, 2N, 1.5
              yea, about the 1866 its ok, all i want is make windows use the 8 gbs rams, im ok if it can run with 1600, thats all i was trying to get because i missing 4 gbs

Comment

Let us know how it goes

Tman

Comment

Let us know how it goes
                  well i tried everything in windows and nothing, i think theres a configuration to make it works, if not i gonna change this rams because i wasting 4 gbs is like a whole ram target. if your guys can find any solution please tell me

Comment

Will see if GSkill can take a look

Tman

Comment

Do you have other memory you can test with?

Have you tried one module in same channel (different color slots)? A1 A2 or B1 B2?

If problem persists, you can send them in for RMA to see if a new kit works better.

http://www.gskill.com/rma.php

Thank you
                      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                      X