MSI X48 platinum will not post F3-10666CL8D-4GBRM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSI X48 platinum will not post F3-10666CL8D-4GBRM

MSI X48 PLATINUM (Not the C version. This one is DDR3 only) Core 2 duo E8600
    This board will post and run well with the 2 sticks of 1GB memory I currently have. I am attempting to increase the memory to 4GB. F3-10666CL8D-4GBRM will not even post. I reset the Bios by unplugging the power, and depressing the CMOS reset button with no post. This board has a small dot matrix display on it that stops at DRAM. I selected this memory because this board is listed as compatible. any suggestions?

Do you have the latest BIOS? Did you set the timings and voltage up manually?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Yes I have the latest bios 2.5 for this board. And yes I tried setting the timings and voltage manually. at 8 8 8 24 1.5v also tried slight increase in N bridge voltage. So far it won't post.

Comment

I also tried some looser timings at 9 9 9 25 with same results.

Comment

Can you post your BIOS settings, so we can take a look

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Ms-7353

Make sure your memory divider is set to 1.6 to 1
            The X48 Platinum has a hard time at 2:1 when using 4 sticks.
            This makes your memory speed 1066 at 333 FSB.
            I won't claim to have alot of tech knowledge, but I have had mine since fall '08.
            Currently installed are 4 x 2GB Corsair Dominator 1600 but the only way to reach even 1333 is to overclock FSB. I'll try to re-check this thread, lots of luck...

Comment

some success at 1:1

Tradesman and arkoon, Thank you for your help.
              So far I have only been able to get it to post at a 1:1 memory ratio! Tried all others without success.

Bios settings:

DOT CONTROL DISABLED
              INTEL EIST DISABLED
              FSB FREQ 333
              CPU RATIO 10
              FSB/MEM RATIO 1:2
              PCI-E FREQ 100
              PCI FREQ 33.3
              MEMORY V 1.5
              ALL OTHER V AUTO
              SPREAD SPECT DISABLED
              DRAM TIME BY SPD DISABLED

TIMINGS

CAS 9
              RAS-CAS 9
              RAS PRE 9
              ACTIVE-PRE 27
              TRFC 47
              TWR 12
              TWTR 12
              TRRD 12
              TRTP 12
              1N/2N AUTO

Comment

If still unstable, may want to raise the DRAM and NB voltage slightly, prob no more than + .05 for either

Tman

Comment

Hey m4fever
                  I had problems with my X48 Plaitum(not C) with memory also.
                  I'm fairly techy but not like the guys helping you here.
                  I can offer you the settings I have found to work for my corsair:
                  You've figured out, probably, MSI itself says do not run mem divider at 2:1.
                  Mine doesn't care what I run it at as long as it isn't 2-1 with 4 modules.
                  I found the memory voltage wants more than even the 1.65v the corsair units are marked as.
                  Here is the short story, I hope it helps..
                  cpu voltage 1.275, lowest setting available for q9550
                  mem divider, 1.6:1
                  mem voltage 1.92, yes, 1.92- I have fsb of 378, runs q9550 @ 3.2 GHz
                  nb voltage lowest setting, 1.29, but I'm lucky there, you may ghave to go a notch higher
                  fsb term voltage 1.25 or 1.27, cant remember, don't want to reboot til you get back to thread
                  mem reference voltage .96

These mem voltages seem high but I had the same issues and even at 333FSB the system does not like to boot unless I set minimum 1.79v memory voltage
                  If the post LED says DRAM it likely is not CPU issue as you probably know- it is getting as far as the RAM.
                  You might try upping your mem volts while waiting for the techs here to respond
                  Just so you know I have rund mine as high as 2.0 mem volts, 1.0 mem ref, 1.38 NB adn 1.37 NB ref but that isn't what was the problem, it was mem divider and mem volts...
                  lots of luck

Comment

Working...
                  X