Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer won't POST with 2 sticks of RAM

Hi,

I'm having an odd issue where with 1 stick of the below memory the computer works fine and is stable (both work fine on their own), but when I put the second stick in it won't boot. I've tried all the slots. I have also upgraded the MB firmware.

RAM: F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR2
    MB: Asus P8Z68V-Pro
    CPU: Intel i5-2500k

Thanks.

Try both sticks in the black slots, go into BIOS and enable XMP, then select the 1600 profile..if no go try with the Blue slots, if still no go try running memtest on each stick individually,

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Empathy

I have a similar problem and based on my web searches it seems to be a relatively common problem with the ASUS P8Z68 mobos. I bought the ASUS P8Z68-M PRO mobo, Core i7-2600 CPU, and four 4 gb G.SKILL RAM sticks (listed on the QVL) and could only get 1 stick to work in the B2 socket. All other memory configurations would fail POST with the mobo's DRAM LED lit. All 4 sticks worked fine individually in B2, but I could not get any other memory socket to work.

The solutions I found on the web were:

Setting the Ai Overclock Tuner to XMP (this just changes some of the RAM settings).

Re-seating the CPU.

Replacing bad memory stick(s).

Eliminating a short between the bottom of the mobo and the case.

Replacing the mobo.

Someone suggested setting VCCIO to 1.1v, but I have not read that doing this solved the problem.

I am replacing the mobo because none of the above eliminated the problem.

Good luck to you.
      Last edited by williscreek; 01-11-2012, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X