F3-12800cl7d-4g

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800cl7d-4g

I recently got two 4gig (2gx2) dual channel kits for a Crosshair V formula board.... AMD platform with a Phenom II x4... 955. I follow the notes on how to set the timings and CPU/NB settings but every time i do increase NB, i get artifacts while i game... im setting it to 2400 MHz. Timings are 7-7-7-24... i get no problems gaming while i leave it at 2000 Mhz but i presume im not getting the most out of my ram at that point correct?.... I do sometimes at boot get to the Windows blue welcome screen, then get a error dialog when afterwards it gets a BSOD, but that seems to happen on my first boot of the day and ive gotten a 'Could not write to memory' error... boots back up fine afterwards.... This board supports up to 1600 MHz without needing to be overclocked, what am i doing wrong? Can someone post line for line exactly what my options should look like? Id be greatful.... i dont like when my awesome computer crashes or doesnt run up to par for its hardware...

The mobo may support up to 1600 DRAM, but generally you are doing well with a 955 to run two sticks, four tends to stress the MC (Memory Controller) more, as do the tight (CL7) timings...first thing I'd try is to make sure you have the latest BIOS and then if still problems, raise the DRAM voltage + .05 and the CPU/NB voltage about + .06

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

artifacts after reverting back to old ram even

I couldnt seem to get my 1600 ram stable, my blue screens started comming up with a 'memory management' error...... Well without much elese i can do for myself i just took this ram out, gettin pretty sick of it, and put my old 1333 ram back in..... But now im getting artifacts in the same way i did when i had my NB set to 2400 with 1600mhz ram... Cleared my cmos and everything... Is something on my board or processor shot now? ..... What can i do, i have NEVER had artifacts until jacking with this ram upgrade.... Now its doing it no matter what, even downed the graphics settings, disabled sli.... Its apparently something hardware related that im unknowledgeable about. Halp

Comment

Ughhhs

I also seem to have program crashes now.... Is my hardware screwed now just because i wanted faster ram, and followed GSkill instructions step-by-step?

Comment

Can reset the BIOS to defaults which should adjust the voltages, etc back to the base defaults. Do you have the latest BIOS, as mentioned before? May want to run Memtest on each stick to see if any errors.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

No bueno

Well i updated BIOS to the most current, usng my old ram, default Mobo bios settings and still i get these weird artifacts when benchmarking in Just Cause 2.... i cant seem to figure out why.... its never done this like i siad, until i started messing with the NB speed settings.... my board got a little warm, about 130F... but i shut her down and brought it back down to 2k Mhz where the default setting is... which is optimal for ram running at 1333Mhz... Could i have messed up the memory controller in my CPU or something? this makes me sad :<

I would post a picture but seems im not allowed...

Comment

How are voltage now, I've seen symtoms like the arifacts when the voltage to the CPU or DRAM is a hair to low

Tman

Comment

It's all on auto, at 1.5 DRam voltage, ive even used Mem O.K. feature on the board itself ... everything is as was when it was working correctly... As far as i know it should be perfectly fine now... my NB or CPU may have been damaged as a result of voltage increases by 1 volt or so... i did as the sticky post instructed for this forum reguarding AMD CPU/Motherboard combos for 1600 MHz ram at the top of this forum... was i mistaken in going straight for those settings?

http://gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=7688

I did those as shown, my temps ran up a little bit too much for my comfort, about 130 for the board..and i had to revert... seems though i tried going for the 2400 MHz again without voltage increases is when things went south for me... should I attempt to RMA my board and/or CPU? i get a little flicker and some artifacts during benchmarking...

Comment

Let me check the thread, but should be anything with a 1 volt jump, generally highest suggested rise is a tenth ( .1 ), which is more than safe unless there's a problem with the mobo, think it suggest the tenth or to 1.2, many run the CPU/NB at 1.4 and above. Will chack and be back in about 30 min or so

Tman

Comment

Had finish up a system and get Prime running, sorry for the delay, but just checked the thread and 1.2 is the highest suggested, adding a tenth .1

Tman

Comment

Do you have them installed in the slots furthest away from the CPU? Test one module at a time to see if one may be bad causing problems. Also, post BIOS pics if you can.

Thank you
                      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                      X