X58 24/48gb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X58 24/48gb

Due to my application I need to install as much memory as possible.

X79 architecture is new, I'm worried I may have problems with stability, also with 64GB configuration I need 6 or 8 core processor to utilize more memory so pricewise maybe need to wait a year.

As a temporary solution I'm thinking X58.

I buy from newegg. Motherboards I buy Asus since with other brands I have no luck. Two separate questions.

Question one:

The currently sold motherboard with most reviews is:

ASUS Sabertooth X58 LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

F3-10666CL9T2-24GBRL
    F3-12800CL9T2-24GBRL

In the motherboard list for these memories I see you list only older motherboards for compatibility. Is this motherboard compatible when 24GB installed?

Question two:

They also have this motherboard:

ASUS P6X58-E PRO LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

It the details it is stated it supports 48GB. In not so many reviews (it appears it was released not more than 6 months ago) some people mentioned it doesn't accept 8GB RAM sticks, in one comment someone bought 3 8GB sticks from another manufacturer and it worked, but I would need at least 32GB so there no clues if it may work. Did you try to test it with your 8GB dimms at least 32GB or full 48GB RAM configuration with your 2x8GB kits?

Thanks,

PS:

I have your memory on one computer in US, but I live close to Taiwan, I went to Taiwan couple of times but didn't notice you sell your products locally in Guanghua Market, bought there faulty Kingston, had to RMA it, also had trouble with Kingston on my US servers, got bad DIMMs even through RMA, some problems with QA recent years.
    Last edited by daemon; 12-30-2011, 07:28 AM.

They should work with the ASUS mobo, will want to get as much as possible in a single set, mixing sets can cause problems with any sets, even more so with 8GB stick sets, with a single set you know that all the sticks have been tested to work together. Will also want to make sure you have the latest BIOS before installing the sticks, most mobo makers are still upgrading their BIOSs for the 8GB sticks.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
      They should work with the ASUS mobo, will want to get as much as possible in a single set, mixing sets can cause problems with any sets, even more so with 8GB stick sets, with a single set you know that all the sticks have been tested to work together. Will also want to make sure you have the latest BIOS before installing the sticks, most mobo makers are still upgrading their BIOSs for the 8GB sticks.
      ok, thanks, in short it appears X58 is not good with 8GB sticks yet and given X79 it may stay that way.

i don't assemble the computer in US myself so all should be right, in short the best option is X58 mobo with 24GB set, then after a year i'll upgrade to X79 with 64 GB RAM and 6 core processor, with prices dropping maybe it will be about the same by then.
      Last edited by daemon; 12-30-2011, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Think that's the way I'd go

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X