• Show
Clear All

• Ram not recognized

System specifications

Operating system: WINDOWS 7
    Model of the motherboard: ASUS P5KC
    Model of the memory: F3-10666CL8D 2x2048MB DDR3-1333
    Model of the CPU: INTEL CORE 2 QUAD Q6600 2.4 GHz 775

I installed the ram but it is not recognized at all, the computer starts but the screen stays blank no bios,
    I have reset the cmos several times but to no avail
    DDR2 works without any problems.

Any help would be appreciated, am I missing something that I should have done.

Latest bios is installed.

Thanks in advance

Got the 1203 BIOS, that's good, next want to make sure the DDR2 is removed (sounds stupid, but went for a few days with a person who was trying to run the DDR2 he had and the DDR3 he bought), so no DRAM in the box, install 1 of the DDR3 sticks in the DDR3 slot closest to the CPU and try and boot, hopefully it should boot, but may be to 1066....if you get into the BIOS, ensure the FSB is at 1333, will put your Quad at 3GHz, ensure timings, DRAM voltage etc is correct and see if it will boot into Win, if no joy, try same with the other stick, if it goes then shut down and add the other stick. If neither stick will boot into the BIOS, may want to try a different DDR3 stick to check the slot if you have or can borrow one. Let us know what happens

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
    X