Ripjaws Z series on P55 mobo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ripjaws Z series on P55 mobo

Are there any compatibility issues with the Ripjaws Z series on P55 motherboards? Specifically, I am looking at running the F3-12800CL9Q-16GBZL on an Asus P7P55D-E. I know I won't get the full quad-channel benefit, being a dual-channel memory controller, but this particular kit is on sale right now and I'm looking for an upgrade. I am coming from a four-DIMM kit of 12800 CL8 eco, one DIMM of which has recently died.

Only thing may be, you might have to put the base timings in manually, 9-9-9-24, since the Zs use XMP ver 1.3 and your mobo is set up for XMP 1.2

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
      Only thing may be, you might have to put the base timings in manually, 9-9-9-24, since the Zs use XMP ver 1.3 and your mobo is set up for XMP 1.2
      Yes, I found an announcement posted by G.SKILL a few minutes after my first post; not the end of the world, I guess. Thanks =)

Comment

It's no big deal, can even try using XMP and chances are good it will work that way, just want people to know you may have to set manually, takes a few minutes

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X