Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P67A-UD4 and G.Skill RipjawsX Freezes

Hey guys, new here and I hope that I have posted in the right section

I have been having some trouble with my new build. It froze after POST and in the BIOS after 2 or 3 minutes. I've looked all over Google looking for solution and i've checked all the hardware (had no soft on the pc yet) and went to exchange memory, which seemed to be causing the system to lock up. Memory helped a bit, the system worked a bit longer now without freezing and going into a boot loop.

My mobo uses different memory timings to the ones that the RAM is actually supposed to use (look below) and I think tweeking this might increase the stability of the system and remove the freezing problem. Any help on what to change guys? Btw. the cpu is stock with no o'c.

It's supposed to be 9-9-9-24 i belive. I changed that but the problem consisted and i'm still a newb and don't wanna change anything. Help?

Memory timings

CAS Latency Time 11
    tRCD 11
    tRP 11
    tRAS 28

tRC 39
    tRRD 5
    tWTR 6
    tWR 12
    tWTP 23
    tWL 7
    tFRC 128
    tRTP 6
    tFAW 24
    Command Rate (CMD)1

IO Latency 1
    Round Trip Latency 37

Voltages

Vcore 1.223
    DRAM Voltage 1.5

System

Intel Core i5 2500k @ 3.3GHz - Stock, no overclock
    Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD4 B3 Rev. 1.1 Bios ver. F6
    G.Skill RipjawsX F3-12800CL9D 8GBXL
    Nvidia GeForce 9800GT 512MB
    Enermax Galaxy 850w PSU

Thanks in advance

Welcome from KJP, i have posted a few computer problems on Tom's hardware board and have had hundred's view and no answers not even from moderator's, you have found the right place to get your problem sorted out. I am not sure if the Tradesman will be around today being Christmas eve, knowing him he will. I have been a member of this board for many years and have not found better support from anyone
    Last edited by Wildman95gst; 12-24-2011, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Kamilmu6,
      First thing you'll want to do is get the latest BIOS F7, which was released just 3 weeks after your current BIOS, and can be found here:

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/pro...?pid=3759#bios

Once that is flashed, ensure the sticks are installed in the proper slots, 1-3 or 2-4, then you'll want to boot into the BIOS, enable XMP and select the 1600 profile, and should be good to go, if any further problems, might want to run Memtest on each stick individually to make sure neither stick has been damaged. Let us know how this goes for you.
      Last edited by Tradesman; 12-25-2011, 07:46 AM.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hey,

Thanks for quick reply. I can't run Memtest as it freezes half way through, even on one stick.
        As for the BIOS update this one displays 'BIOS ID check error'. I have the B3 Revision board.
        And i believe I've tried the F6 (latest on the site here; http://www.gigabyte.com/products/pro...?pid=3759#bios ) and it didn't help.

Comment

OK, then try with one stick (if a problem with that, try the other in slot 1) and if you can get into BIOS, make sure the base timings are to the spec of the set, 9-9-9-24, 2T, 1.5 and see how it goes, if OK, power down and add the other stick in slot 3.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Tried, no change.

After I enabled the XMP the timings manually changed to 9-9-9-24 , 2T and 1.5. No change at all, one stick or two sticks, takes a bit longer, but, still freezes.

Maybe, a new board is the way to go?

Comment

Have you tried raising the multiplier, maybe an OC to 3.8....Also make sure the sticks are in the right slots...do you have another set of sticks or could you borrow some to see if same thing happens, or can you try the sticks in another computer? That can narrow things down. Also ensure all the mounting screws on the mobo are used and tight, to eliminate the possibility of a short, could check CPU/socket and see if any thermal compound got on bottom of CPU/in socket, or bent/broken pins in socket

Tman

Comment

Thanks a lot for all your support so far!

I have recently replaced the memory eliminating the possibility of this being caused by the RAM. I have checked all (but, the o'c - it should work without o'c and i'm running the stock cooler btw.) the things you listed without any success.

I have contacted Gigabyte and the board is packed and in the process of being shipped to them just after Christmas. I hope they will test the board and find something wrong with it and send me back a replacement one.

Will get back to you when I get a reply back from Gigabyte.

Cheers,

Kamilmu6
                Last edited by Kamilmu6; 12-25-2011, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the update, will keep an eye out for your return

Tman

Comment

Working...
                  X