F3-14900CL10Q-32GBZL on ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z LGA 1155

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-14900CL10Q-32GBZL on ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z LGA 1155

Can anyone tell me if I can use this combo?
    Sorry in advance if this Question has been asked previously.

I've seen other models that need a manual setting, I'm assuming this is also true if I can use this combo.

Thank you for any advice!

-MO

edit:

intel i7 2600K for my CPU.

The Ripjaws Z are programmed for XMP 1.3, so they won't be fully backward compatible with the XMP 1.2 specification used on the 1155 mobos, and would prob require manually putting in the base timings, CR to 2T and ensuring the voltages set correctly, another option at about the same price would be the Ripjaws X set F3-12800CL10Q-32GBXL, which is a 1600 set and XMP compliant with your mobo (1.2) and should need no manual setup other than enable XMP and select 1600

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
      The Ripjaws Z are programmed for XMP 1.3, so they won't be fully backward compatible with the XMP 1.2 specification used on the 1155 mobos, and would prob require manually putting in the base timings, CR to 2T and ensuring the voltages set correctly, another option at about the same price would be the Ripjaws X set F3-12800CL10Q-32GBXL, which is a 1600 set and XMP compliant with your mobo (1.2) and should need no manual setup other than enable XMP and select 1600
      Thank you for your prompt response!

I guess I'll buy the X79 version of Gene-Z when it comes out.
      Since I already bought the memory.

-MO

Comment

Have fun, those make for Monster systems

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X