F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH Compatibility with ASUS E35M1 AMD Zacata MB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH Compatibility with ASUS E35M1 AMD Zacata MB

Hi, Just got a new ASUS E35M1-I DeLuxe (in full!) MoBo. with AMD Zacate Processor

Bought F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH memory with it.

If I put one strip in, it works fine. With 2 strips it refuses to start.

The ASUS MoBo has a function to work out memory timing itself, did not help.

The memory used is not on the ASUS compatibility list, but the F3-10666CL7D-8GBRH with equal timing characteristics is. The F3-10666CL8D-4GBHK also.

Have I got the wrong memory?

Hans

Specs only show it taking up to 1066 DRAM and you have 1333 sticks, can try with 1 stick, boot into BIOS, set speed to 1066 and timings to 6-6-6-18, save, shutdown, add other stick, and boot.....see if that works...might also want to drop them a line as to why the 1333, F3-10666CL7D-8GBRH set is listed since it's 1333 and mobo specs call for a max of 1066. (if the 6-6-6-18 doesn't work at 1066, try it at 7-7-7-21, 1066)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Read the list of approved memory. Only 15 on the list 1066, 150 1333.

Can not try out your suggestion, MoBo stopped working. Have to RMA it.

Question is: Do I change the memory, or can I get it to work?

Thx, Hans

Comment

Based on their QVL, then yes, it should work, but would still check and find out why they list specs only to 1066....either the specs are wrong or they have the wrong QVL out there

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thx Tman. Hans

Comment

No problem, let us know what you find out

Tman

Comment

Solved-- (More or less)

1. Updated the Bios to latest version--> System does start, but sees only memory strip 1
              Auto settings: 1066 ..
              2, Tried tuning it down. No result
              2. Used the Bios OC facility: Now it works:
              CPU 1700 (was 1600)
              Memory 1119 MHz 7,7,7,20

Thx. Hans
              Last edited by HansB; 12-21-2011, 02:44 AM.

Comment

Looks pretty good, keep an eye out for further BIOS updates, it's not often, but some will push the mobos up to take faster DRAM

Tman

Comment

Working...
                X