Timing For F3-12800CL6Q 8GBPI Quad Kit 4x2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timing For F3-12800CL6Q 8GBPI Quad Kit 4x2

I seem to have a problem with my new ram in that it will not post if the settings are below 8-8-8-24. According to specs it should be able to run 6-8-6-24. I have adjusted the voltage to 1.6 and left most other settings as auto.
    MB: Asus P5N64 WS Pro
    Processor: Quad Core 3.2 Extreme 9770
    Any help with Bios settings would be much appreciated!

Thanx
    Dispatcher

Do you have the latest BIOS? What's your FSB? will be needing at least 1600...With 4 sticks and the max of 8GB will also have to raise the NB voltage, prob at least .1 can look into those things, then might also look to trying at 7-9-7-24 for 1600 as I'm not positive the NB MC (NorthBridge Memory Controller) can handle 1600 at such a tight CL (6)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Yes the cpu bus is 1600 and I have the ram locked to the cpu bus? read another thread which said that may not be good? I have not increase the NB voltage but will try that. Will also try the 7-9-7-24. I have latest bios for MB and even did the latest for the raid controller card (adaptec 5405 with 2 ssd in raid 0) as the effects I was having with the lower timing (8-8-8-24) was causing the OS to become corrupted. However going back to the 9-9-9-24 stopped the corruption which lead me back to the ram and timing.

Thanx for your reply and help

Dispatcher

Comment

May be stuck with higher than spec timings, but by raising the NB voltage and/or the DRAM voltage should be able to get them stable, maybe at 7, and should at 8....again think 6 might just be to tight for the on-board MC

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X