Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sniper 1.25V RAM can I run it at higher voltages?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sniper 1.25V RAM can I run it at higher voltages?

I just bought some 1.25 ultra low voltage sniper RAM.

G.SKILL Sniper Low Voltage Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR2

And I want to run it in an H67 motherboard but the lowest voltage it can deal with is like 1.35V. Is it going to hurt anything to run it at 1.35V? I did not realize that compatibility was going to be such and issue when I bought this stuff. Yes I can buy a more expensive motherboard but is it necessary? The increase in cost of the motherboard is almost as much as the RAM cost me.

Perry

That should be no problem, one advantage of the low-voltage DRAM is the flexibility of voltage for OCing and a wider range of mobos it's compatible with

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

So what should be do not exceed voltage be?

Perry

Comment

That would have to be GSkills' call, they should be in Monday, but DDR3, by spec, should take up to 1.5- 1.55 at a min, which is about where I would hold the line with the low voltage sticks. I seldom use them, so haven't really pushed any really hard.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

As long as you use the lowest amount of voltage for the system to be completely stable, it will be fine.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Have had the low voltage stuff on my wishlist - 2 kits to go into a asus gene . I was a little hesitant on weather 16g would run at smooth 1600 @ 1.25 volts but it looks like a 1.5volt may make that a sure thing .

Comment

Could be w/ the 1.5, but best to get a single set of DRAM that way the sticks are tested and guaranteed to work together

Tman

Comment

thanks for the reply - I am a chippy and have only put together a few simple systems but are quite nub at the tech stuff.

In my last sytem (2 yrs ) I just put the kits in seperate channels .

Will look at the full kits now

Comment

Let us know how it goes

Tman

Comment

Working...
                  X