F3-17000CL11Q-16GBXL and ASRock 970 Extreme4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-17000CL11Q-16GBXL and ASRock 970 Extreme4

Well back to the questions again Ok I thought after the latest bios update and the success I had at running my F3-14900CL9Q-16GBXL on this mobo I would try my hand at faster ram. Well so far I can't hit DDR 2133 speeds even with only two in. Tried raising the voltage to 1.65 and raised the cpu nb up to 1.5 instead of 1.25. My FX-8120 is running at 3.6mhz at 1.33v instead of the regular 3.1mhz at 1.32. Am I missing something as far as OC anything else that is preventing me from success? at the moment they are running all 4 sticks at DDR3 1866 with timings of 8 10 9 27 2t @ 1.55v and rock solid at that I might add. What is the safest voltage limit on these? I am assuming 1.65 as they are calling for a range from 1.5 to 1.6 depending on what speeds you are running at according to XMP.
    Thanks

First of all, congrats on running all 4 at 1866, we have others that can't even do that, and apparently others have contacted AMD and have told them that they only will stand behind 1866 with 1 stick per channel (2 total) and they consider anything over that to be overclocking, I dropped them a ticket this AM to get confirmation of that....I've been searching and found others that claim to run 2000 and 2133 with two sticks but not many that are stable at all....on the DRAM I'd say 1.65 max (GSkill might have more to add to that when they get back Mon). If you get a chance others might be interested in your other settings FSB, multi, CPU/NB freq, HT, etc.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

OK. After my recent Bios release and update by ASRock DDR3-1866 is considered a non-overclocked standard running memory which is what the AMD website states about the FX series above a 6100 CPU. The new bios update provided the new AM3+ users with a Profile1 tab, and the ability to actually run DDR3-1866, now enabling a XMP type setting and automatically setting your MOBO to said speed and timings. Seems the MOBO manufacturers were a little slow on adopting the AM3+ and actual settings as a whole So OCing per say isn't needed as it is done automatically. The only thing I had to do was set my DRAM Voltage and my timings since I can't run them at the stated Profile1 speed. My F3-14900CL9Q-16GBXL ran at the appropriate "Profile1/XMP" without doing a thing. Prior to my bios update they would not run at DDR3-1866 and had to manually set them to DDR3-1600 along with the timings and voltage. So I'm hoping a new bios update or a new FX-8150 will take care of my woes.
      Having said all that....
      My FX-8120 is back at stock speed of 3.1mhz with Turbo enabled
      My Bus speed is 200mhz
      My NB is 2200mhz
      Mt dram speed is at 933.4
      All of the above is according to CPU-Z

As soon as I can get a FX-8150 I'm going to see if that will hopefully change my abilities of running faster speeds

Comment

Keep us updated

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Keep us updated

Tman

Comment

Working...
          X