• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reboot loop

Asrock 880gm-le motherboard
    g skill sniper 1333 2x4 (8 GB)
    AMD 955 BE

Added this ram to my system and it worked for 5 minutes, then out of nowhere system rebooted. Would not boot all the way back into windows, just kept rebooting from bios screen.
    Tried running memtest 86 but it freezes after about 1 minute. System works with old ram ( g skill ripjaws 1333 cl7 2x2 4GB) in it. Any thoughts?

If you have the 1.5 volt CL9 Snipers, might try w/ 1 stick, set timings for DRAM to spec, CR to 2N, DRAM voltage to 1.55 and CPU/NB to 1.2, then shut down and add 2nd stick.....if you have the CL7 may have to loosen to CL8 (8-8-8-24) and then try at 1.5 DRAM and CPU/NB at 1.2

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

thanks

I'll try that suggestion. One thing I forgot to mention, when I first added the new ram it showed in bios as 1.71 volt 9 12 12 24 timing, manually set it to 1.5 volt 9 9 9 24. Then all this crap started.

Comment

Fixed

Thanks Tradesman, that seems to have fixed it. I really appreciate the help.

Comment

No problem, glad to help, Enjoy!

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
          X