F3-17000cl9q-16gbzh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-17000cl9q-16gbzh

Now that my ASRock mobo and AMD FX-8120 memory issues seem to be over with a new bios update I'm thinking about going to DDR3-2133(affordable) maybe even DDR3-2400(Costly).
    What timings are better 9 11 10 28 or 10 10 10 30 for DDR3-2133?
    Thanks

For performance the 9-11-10-28 would be better....a lot will depend on what the CPU can handle, the voltages required, and the heat (need good cooling. Could start with the CL9 and if not stable go CL10, then once stable try tightening the timings down

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

By cooling are you referring to good case cooling or do mean I need to get cooling specifically for memory if I go up to DDR3- 2133 or DDR3-2400? How come? Just going from 1.5v to 1.65v would cause that much heat?
      Thanks for the response btw

Comment

Running 2133 with AMD (when it can be done) takes extra voltage about everywhere, vCore to the CPU, CPU/NB to the MC in the CPU, DRAM voltage itself), all that voltage creates lots of heat, so you need good ventilation and CPU cooling

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Ahh. Got it. Thank you

Comment

Keep in touch and let us know how it goes.

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X