4x2GB G.SKILL F3-12800CL6D-4GBXH & ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe GEN3 Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4x2GB G.SKILL F3-12800CL6D-4GBXH & ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe GEN3 Problem

I recently purchased two kits of memory G. SKILL F3-12800CL6D-4GBXH, I chose these specially because they work at CL6, that?s why I acquired two kits (4x 2GB) instead of 1 (2x 4GB) CL7.
    I configured the BIOS with the XMP profile to get the timings 6-8-6-24-2N 1600mhz 1.5v but the pc wont boot.
    I managed to boot at 8-8-6-24-2N 1600mhz 1.5v, placing the first time below 8 is no longer bootable.
    I tested the two kits separately and in different modules on the board and work Ok with the XMP profile 6-8-6-24-2N 1600mhz 1.5v, tested also the two kits together in a ASUS P867 and has the same problem.
    I was only able to boot the pc with 6-8-6-24-2N 1.5v at 1333 mhz.
    Thanks in advance for any idea or solution to my problem.

CPU : Intel Core i7 2600k
    Board : ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe GEN3
    Memory : 4x2GB G.SKILL F3-12800CL6D-4GBXH

PS. sorry my english

With two sets and the tight CL, the timings will have to be set manually 6-8-6-24 2N and the DRAM voltage may need to go up to 1.54, will also prob need to raise VCCIO to 1.2 or so

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for quick response. Timings manually set, DRAM Voltage 1.6v and VCCIO 1.225, still wont boot. Perhaps it is better to replace my two kits for one 2x4GB F3-12800CL7D-8GBXH...

Comment

Could try loosening the timings, i.e. 7-7-7-24 2T or something to that effect, but if replacing with a 2x4GB set is a viable option, I'd go that route, you'll have 8GB, two open slots and less stress on the MC

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
          Could try loosening the timings, i.e. 7-7-7-24 2T or something to that effect, but if replacing with a 2x4GB set is a viable option, I'd go that route, you'll have 8GB, two open slots and less stress on the MC
          To use the timings 7-7-7-24 2T I had not bought these memories, I chose these specially because they work at CL6.
          I was able to replace them for the F3-12800CL7D-8GBXH and they run fine, unfortunately they don?t work at CL6, but CL7 with 2x 4GB dims is also great. Thanks for all the help

Comment

Hi Commanche

Can you please give me a latency testing result on that memory with AIDA 64 ex Everest program? read- write -latency
            I want to use same ram on same MBO

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by NWI View Post
              Hi Commanche

Can you please give me a latency testing result on that memory with AIDA 64 ex Everest program? read- write -latency
              I want to use same ram on same MBO

Thank you
              Read : 18061 MB/s
              Write : 18113 MB/s
              Copy : 19350 MB/s
              Latency : 46.7 ns

Comment

Thanks a lot Comanche
                looks good

Thank you

Comment

Commanche,

VCCIO 1.10V shold be enough. Make sure each kit is in the same color slots.

Two kits are not guaranteed to operate in the same computer, that's why it is more difficult to reach CL6 spec.

Thank you
                  GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                  X