F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL no boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL no boot

Hi all. Just upgraded a few pieces of hardware in my machine and wanted to try some new sticks of ram that were on sale at NewEgg. However, when trying to boot my machine with these sticks, the monitor won't even recognize the graphics card. Here are my specs:

Mobo: ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO
    Memory: F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL (2 x 4GB)
    CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz Socket
    Existing memory: ADATA XPG AX3U1600GB2G9-2G (2 x 2GB)
    Video card: GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 2GB 256-bit GDDR5
    Power supply: Antec EarthWatts Series EA-750 Green 750W ATX12V v2.3

I just updated the video card and power supply, and wanted to get these Ripjaw sticks in there as well. Otherwise, I've been running those ADATA sticks with the mobo and CPU for the past 2 years with no problems. I moved the Ripjaw sticks around to each slot, and even tried booting with just one Ripjaw and no ADATA, and still didn't get anywhere. I looked over the DDR3-1600 guides, but if I can't even get into the bios with those sticks installed, I won't be able to tweak the settings.

I'm thinking it's a compatibility issue and I'm SOL, but if anyone has any advice, I am all ears!

Thanks and cheers!

Make sure you have the latest BIOS, then install only the new Ripjaws, it should boot up into BIOS w/ the sticks at 1333, then to try and get to 1600, can try and follow the sticky here:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=7688

If your wanting to use both the new and the old sticks together, prob best to try and get them to play at 1333/CL8

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Not SOL, you just need the latest BIOS. Takes 5 minutes.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks guys! Updated Asus bios and I was able to play around with the timings and get both sticks to read.

Cheers!

Comment

Glad to hear it, Enjoy!

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
          X