Gigabyte MB+12800CL9D=half memory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte MB+12800CL9D=half memory

How many threads are there in here? I've read them all twice (it seems) and cannot get an answer to half memory showing. I'll try to include all info but I'm a 'noob' and will probably miss something:

Gigabyte GA 880GMA UD2H Rev 2.2 motherboard
    AMD Athlon II x2 245
    two 12800CL9D 4GBECO sticks 9=8GB total)
    Mostly everything else 'auto' or 'default'. I tried Memory Clock of 1600 with a CPU Voltage of 1.4500 (.025V over normal). reset it to 1333 and 'auto' voltage.
    DDR3 timing of 999 24
    DCTs Mode set to Unganged
    I've run the memory in slots 1+3. 2+4, 3+4, etc.
    All results give me 4GB total.
    I figure there is a voltage error somewhere but I cannot find it.
    Running Windows 7 Ultra.
    Bios might be 'old' by 1 version but Gigabyte says if current version is stable, don't change it. Is this 'unstable' and should I update? I don't really want to install the latest Beta Bios.
    OOPS!! just realized my version is F3 and latest version is F5.
    While I wait for a reply, I'll download the latest.
    Thanks in Advance....

A few things possible, first is it Win7 Ultimate 32 bit? or 64 bit? If 32bit it will only see 4GB max. If you have 64 bit, how did the F5 BIOS flash go?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

64 bit. Gritting my teeth and trying upgrade soon.

Comment

let us know how it goes, if still no luck might look at the thread

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=7688

and try option 2, not positive, will try and check, but not sure if the CPU can handle 4 sticks of 1600, many of the AMD CPUs are limited to 1 stick per channel at certain speeds

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Bios version F5 updated successfully....still shows 4GB.

Sugestions?

Comment

Sorry, posted before I checked replies.

I have 2x4GB sticks currently installed in slots 2+4. Will look at 'sticky' and try suggestions.

Comment

Let us know what happens

Tman

Comment

I got everything but the entry for 'set CPU-NB to 2400MHz'

Where do I input this information?

Comment

May be CPU/NB frequency or something like that, I'll see if I can find a manual

Tman

Comment

The CPU is limited to 2000MHz anyway, so DDR3-1333 with low timings will probably be better.

Thank you
                    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks Gskill, I had just realized that my system was maxed at 2000MHz by default. I changed the settings to 1333, 8 8 8 24. My default voltages showed your recommended increases so I left that setting alone:
                      NB Voltage Control=1.20
                      DRAM Voltage=1.60
                      With these settings and the latest BIOS version, my system still only shows 4GB installed with 3.50 usable instead of 8GB. I believe my system is stable but it seems a shame that running Ultra and 64 bits that I am unable to take advantage of extra RAM. (I don't 'game', but still....)

Any other suggestions would be welcomed.

Comment

If showing 4 w/ 3.5 useable it sounds like the 32bit version...might check by going to my computer, right click and select properties, it should show either 32 or 64

Tman

Comment

Yes, it correctly shows 64-bit Operating System. And it's not as if the remaining RAM was being dedicated to video because it says 'Installed Memory (RAM): 4.00 GB

Comment

Ok, think I may have it, is the actual model "F3-12800CL9D-4GBECO"? If so, this is a 2 stick, 2x2GB set or 4 GB total, when I originally ready it ("two 12800CL9D 4GBECO sticks"), I was taking it as you have 2 sets, instead of 2 sticks, when I reread this, it hit me....4GB would be the correct amount since it's a 2x2 GB set, not two sets, if it was 8GB the model would be F3-12800CL9D-8GBECO which is (D-8GB) dual-total 8GB, I've been thinking your were running 8GB

Tman

Comment

How do you spell 'DOLT'? How about 'IDIOT'? What does 'NOOB' stand for?
                              Boy, I feel dumb.
                              I originally started looking at my RAM so I could take advantage of some Cyber Monday deals. Then I thought I had 8GB and got sidetracked. And today is Thursday. As Maxwell Smart would say...'missed it by THAT much'.

DUMB, DUMB, DUMB.
                              Sorry to have caused you to waste your time. But, I did learn lots about RAM and BIOS.

Comment

Working...
                              X