F3-10666CL7D-4GBXH P8P67 LE no boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-10666CL7D-4GBXH P8P67 LE no boot

This is my first time installing RAM, so please pardon my mistakes as I work to increase my competency level for the future.

This doesn't boot (cycles on for 2-3 seconds, then off again, repeat):

Mobo: Asus P8P67 LE
    Memory: F3-10666CL7D-4GBXH (2x2048mb)
    CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K, quad 3.30GHz cores, Hyperclocked to 4.0GHz

Additional details:

Machine has 4GB DDR3-1333 dual channel memory (2x2048mb) pre-installed.
    Pre-installed memory is in slots A2, B2.
    Attempting to install the Ripjaws into A1, B1.
    Video card is 1GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti, GDDR5, PCI-E 2.

Thank you very much for your assistance!

What sticks are pre-installed (make, model, timings)? Chances are good they aren't compatible with your new ones. Most 1333 sticks are going to be 9-9-9-2x or 8-8-8-2x and yours are 7-7-7-21....might be better off selling the original and getting the same set in 2x4GB (about $18 more at the Egg)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231440

That said, if you can get the above mentioned info on the old sticks, we will try to come up with something to get the system running and stable if possible

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Sticks

I have:

Patriot Memory PSD32G13332H PS000622

installed in each of A2 and B2.

I'm not sure how to answer your 9-9-9-2x / 8-8-8-2x question. I have looked at the product page for those Patriot Memory sticks and I did not see numbers in those formats. I did not see those numbers on the sticks either. What am I looking at when I look at those numbers, and where can I find those numbers?

Comment

The Patriots are entry level/basic 1333 sticks w/ stock timings of 9-9-9-27 and your new sticks are 1333 high performance 7-7-7-21...... I'll tell ya, we could go back and forth a ton on this, but to be up front and honest, we will prob never get anywhere. Off the wall, but had a similar set up brought to me a while back and got them running at 1200 8-8-8-24 1.57 2T and then had to play with the VCCIO up around 1.18-1.2 I believe

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks.

So, would there be any issue with getting two more sticks of the F3-10666CL7D-4GBXH and swapping out the Patriot sticks for those?

I understand that it means I would have to swap out my entire memory kit if I wanted to upgrade in the future, but, would it work?

Comment

Mixing 2 sets, regardless can be problematic, even with the same exact model, there's no guarantee they will work, but at this freq chances are good if they don't want ot play can generally get them to play with slight voltage adjustments

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X