Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL Compatibility Concerns

Hello,
    I'm upgrading my system and I was wondering if there are any compatibility issues I should be aware about. I'm going to be upgrading my motherboard, memory, and CPU to;

Memory: F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL (2x4gb)
    Motherboard: ASRock 990FX Extreme3 AM3+
    CPU: AMD FX-4100 Zambezi 3.6GHz

My main concern is the compatibility between the memory and the motherboard. I'm on a budget and the motherboard in question is best board I could find for the price range I have. I looked on the F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL's qualified motherboards list on your site but the motherboard I'm purchasing was not listed. Which concerns me. I also searched around these forums for anyone posting similar concerns about said motherboard and memory to no avail. I've already ordered the parts through newegg.com and they are on the way and I just want to make sure I didn't make a mistake in getting the motherboard. I consider my Tech skills above average but I will admit I do not know everything and have a lot to learn. After ordering the parts I was chatting with my tech guru older brother that lives in a different state than I do and he brought up the memory/motherboard compatibility issue and it has been nagging at me since our conversation. That being said any info/advice/tips/recommendations about my concerns would be very much obliged! Also thank you for taking the time to read this!

Yours truly,
    TheDude

Should be fine, the CPU is rated to 1866 and mobo to 2100 w/ OC, 1866 native....would suggest checking that the mobo has the latest BIOS, 1.20, which you can find here:

http://www.asrock.com/mb/download.us...xtreme3&o=BIOS

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks!

Hello again,

Just wanted to say thank you for your quick response and also for the link for the motherboards newest bios version! The parts I ordered came in yesterday and everything went smoothly. I put everything together, updated the bios, and installed windows 7 ultimate without a hitch. The motherboard recognized the timings as advertised for the memory and set them accordingly. No tweaking needed. I'm not going to overclock anything because I really only use my machine for gaming and web surfing. So the stock settings is enough for me. All in all I can't get any happier ! Thank you once again!

Sincerely,
      The Dude

Comment

Glad to hear it Dude! Enjoy!

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X