Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rampage 4 Extreme, 3930K, H100 with 32GB Ram ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rampage 4 Extreme, 3930K, H100 with 32GB Ram ?

Hi

I have bought I bought

G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 32GB (8 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000) Desktop Memory Model F3-17000CL11Q2-32GBZL

But my motherboard is unstable. Asus tells me this Ram is not listed as compatible. Is that true should I return it or will this RAM work?

They told me to get DDR 3 1600 RAM One which is listed as recommended by their website. I did try XMP today and overclocked it to 4.3GHZ and so far it seems stable. Kind of confused since I have them on the board and also now have Crucial Vengence 32 gb of 1600.
    Last edited by dratifk; 11-29-2011, 07:21 PM.

Do you have the latest BIOS, 0703? Can be found here:

http://usa.asus.com/Motherboards/Int...reme/#download

this set should be fine, unless maybe there's a bad stick in there....(could check each stick with Memtest to be sure), but the Z line of Ripjaws was designed for the H79 chipset and socket 2011 CPUs....

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

YEs I have the new bios. After putting the settings into XMP and 4.4GHZ it seems to be ok. I'm running prime95 blend test now. I like this RAM so if I have a stable system I'm keeping it.

In general is 2133 RAM better (faster) for this board than 1600? Are there stabilty issues between the two?

Comment

1600 is basically entry level, 1866, 200, 2133 and up would be considered performance DRAM, 1600 would be easier a bit to get stable because it's generally all going to be AUTO, no OC required.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X