Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DDR Voltage limit on 1155

Hi to all,
    i've a doubt, i've a SNIPER F3-12800CL7T-12GBSR kit, and an asus p8z68 deluxe, the voltage ram is 1.6v, but intel says that on 1155 cpu the maximum limit on the dram voltage is 1.5v +5%, then 1.575v, they says that using a higher voltage, invalidates warranty and could break the cpu itself, now can i set dram voltage to 1.6v and use my g.skill kit or i must change ram? It is strange that on g.skill website my memory kit is compatible with my motherboard.
    Thanks in advance

Generally you want to keep the the DRAM voltage within +.5 of the MC voltage (generally VCCIO voltage), so if your VCCIO defaults to around normal of about 1.05 to 1.1 then 1.6 should be fine. Sticks rated above 1.5 are generally aimed at OCers

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for the help,
      But i read from the intel datasheet that the max limit is 1.575, it's safe to mantain 1.6 and vccio at 1.1?
      Yes i have oced my system but usually i stay always on the intel range.

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/6403/datasheetv.gif

from the datasheet of intel

Comment

It's up to the individual, there are plenty out there that want to stick to spec guidelines and to me that's all well and good. Then there are plenty more that know that Intel is notorius for under-speccing their hardware (if for no other reason to throw in an added (and generally high, safety factor)....i.e. going back to the Q6600 (2007), it was rated to 2.4 for a 1066 FSB, yet they easily run 3.6 (and even higher on air) with a 1600 or higher FSB..or even the 2500K, if you use the plain 2500 or the 2500K with the built in Turbo boost you are looking at 3.7, yet many run the 2500K to 4.8, 5, and some even higher.....also the 2500K is rated to a max on DRAM of 1333 sticks, yet people commonly run 1866, 2000, 2133....and while I know the P67/Z68 and the 2500K are relative newcomers compared to the Q6600, I've got two 6600's that run 3.6 all day, every day and no failures, in fact out of all my builds over the years (which is part of my business) the only CPUs that have ever 'gone bad' were as a result of a power surge or PSU failure, and I almost always OC every system.

In short, I think you are fine with 1.6 sticks.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X