F3-10666cl8d-4gbhk bsod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-10666cl8d-4gbhk bsod

I recently upgraded to 8GB of RAM and now i've been hit with a bunch of BSOD sense my upgrading. I bought them at newegg.com less than 2 weeks ago. I scanned the memory with memtest86+ 4.20 2 days ago, scan came clean but I can't figure out what all is going on..

I'm trying to find a place upload my memory dump file at this moment.

Model of the motherboard: EVGA p55 SLi E655
    Model of the memory: 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz G.Skill F3-10666CL8D-4GBHK ram
    Model of the CPU: Core i5 760
    Seagate 7200RPM 1TB 32mb hd
    560 GTX Ti EVGA GPU
    850W XFX black Edition 2yrs old.
    Last edited by Squall_Rinoa89; 11-27-2011, 10:26 PM.

Mixing two sets can require additional DRAM and/or MC voltage (believe on your mobo it's CPU/VTT or QPI/VTT voltage) to get the sets to play together, and there's no guarantee they will play together, might start with + .05 to the DRAM then if still problems add + .02 to the MC and increase it at .02 intervals up to maybe 1.28 or 1.3. If problems persist get back to us or could look to a 2x4GB set

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
      Mixing two sets can require additional DRAM and/or MC voltage (believe on your mobo it's CPU/VTT or QPI/VTT voltage) to get the sets to play together, and there's no guarantee they will play together, might start with + .05 to the DRAM then if still problems add + .02 to the MC and increase it at .02 intervals up to maybe 1.28 or 1.3. If problems persist get back to us or could look to a 2x4GB set
      Well one set is back from last year, I made sure I bought the same set as my last one.

I have VTT @ 1.2v Vcore @ 1.27 I have sense went and reset all my bio's to see if maybe I had a conflict someone I didn't notice.

Let me know if I'm missing something. Thanks for the quick reply's much appreciated!

Comment

Even with the same model, can still have problems - might try DRAM voltage 1.56 and VTT 1.24

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Even with the same model, can still have problems - might try DRAM voltage 1.56 and VTT 1.24
          Is there a recommended timing set for a pack of G.Skill RAM? Like for the two? I'm also in contact with EVGA Tech support as well to resolve this matter.

Reviewing your RAM if you are combining 2 packs of RAM the timings may need to be changed as the ones for the single pack and the XMP profile are only intended for the single pack. Contact G.Skill and see if the timings and voltage need to be adjusted to combine the packs of RAM.

Regards,
          EVGA
          Would also like to add that im using DRAM Voltage 1.65v

Comment

DRAM voltage is higher than I would want since these are 1.5 sticks, maybe GSkill will have more input on your settings

Tman

Comment

DRAM voltage is higher than I would want since these are 1.5 sticks, maybe GSkill will have more input on your settings
              I'll change the DRAM voltage back to 1.5v and see if it fixes everything. Been trying everything between g.skill and evga to get this problem fixed.

Comment

Am hoping GSkill will be in today

Tman

Comment

Am hoping GSkill will be in today
                  Any word on when they'll be in?

Comment

Should be later today, they were in for a while yesterday, but guessing still backlogged on email

Tman

Comment

DDR3-1333 8-8-8-21 1.50V should work fine. Make sure each kit is in the same color slots. Most modules have changed, so most likely the two kits are not compatible with each other in the same computer. Have you tested each kit on its own? If both work fine seperately, send the old kit or both in for RMA and we can send you two new kits that should work better together.

Thank you
                      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
                        DDR3-1333 8-8-8-21 1.50V should work fine. Make sure each kit is in the same color slots. Most modules have changed, so most likely the two kits are not compatible with each other in the same computer. Have you tested each kit on its own? If both work fine seperately, send the old kit or both in for RMA and we can send you two new kits that should work better together.

Thank you
                        GSKILL TECH
                        Aww! All right, I think I got it stable now but if not I'll be sending in the old one first. I bumped my VTT to 1.250 and I haven't seen a BSOD yet (My bio's doesn't have 1.4v VTT)

Also moved the voltages for DRAM to 1.50V as well with those timings. I'll let you guys know if I get another but so far Memtest 4.20 says it's all clear. Thanks for the reply's! Where btw would I have to send it to should it come down to that?

Comment

Sounds good, keep in touch

Tman

Comment

Nope.. got another BSOD ;X All righty looks like i'm up for an RMA unless you guys can think of something else I can try.

I'm trying not to have to spend the money on RMA unless I have to..
                            Last edited by Squall_Rinoa89; 12-05-2011, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Might try DRAM voltage at 1.55, which is safe

Tman

Comment

Working...
                              X